Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Got a series 3 Apple watch
    I wonder if it's content sensitive and what happens if one uses ****head???

EDIT: verboten it seems. Dink!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Dinkhead? This social media censorship is getting a bit ridiculous. I don't suppose I can say a male hen is called a cock or the cat **** on the floor either.

Edit; Okay that's weird, I get away with cock but I cant say ****. This is just plain silly.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Your Mac's Specs
    Does anybody know if a good note taking app for the watch?

Your Mac's Specs
    After an exhaustive search spanning a couple of weeks I have finally found one (no thanks to you guys)
    Its really odd to me that Apple did not provide a native Notes app or a watch equivalent of OSX Notes for the watch. I don't know about everybody else but I use Notes on the MBP for lots of things. Having access to it on the iPhone is really handy so I cant understand why it doesn't have a watch extension.
    I wasn't looking for an "all bells and whistles" app. Many popular note taking apps duplicate the functions of Reminders/Notifications and Calendars so that's just overkill. What I wanted was a note taking app for the iPhone which could be reflected on the Watch, sync between devices and allow creation of new notes on the watch as well as annotation of existing notes via dictation (something the watch does surprisingly well).
    So I found two. SnipNotes and Notes Watch. Both work well although Notes Watch sometimes fails to sync. But SnipNotes also provides a very functional widget allowing a whole range of actions and easy sharing, filtering, formatting options plus iCloud syncing, thumbprint locking and a macOS version. The iOS version gives you a free 7 day trial period with no ads and on day 2 I'm pretty much sold.

After an exhaustive search spanning a couple of weeks I have finally found one (no thanks to you guys)

I didn't think we needed to considering your signature says that YOU are perfect now!!!

You would've had the answer already at your fingertips I would have thought.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    Ha, no, there's no such thing as perfection. Just like my footnote that was a "tongue in cheek" comnent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sprague View Post
    Ha, no, there's no such thing as perfection. Just like my footnote that was a "tongue in cheek" comnent.

Well really…???, I just thought I would mention it Rod, and I just thought it was a bit strange as I didn't think it was possible that there were actually two of us!!!

I just didn't advertise the fact, eh???

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    Thanks Patrick, I love a bit of irony in the morning. Are you an Apple watch candidate?

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Are you an Apple watch candidate?
    My son just purchased one for himself and his wife. He uses it to work out and when he's at the gym. Supposedly, it can be used to monitor your heart but I'm not sure if Apple has implemented that yet.

By the way, a new device is being advertised on TV here in the US: It's called KardiaMobile which can be used to take a cardiogram of your heart to provide to your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sprague View Post
    Thanks Patrick, I love a bit of irony in the morning. Are you an Apple watch candidate?

That may at the best, probably be the day that Hell freezes over Rod. No I am definitely NOT an Apple watch candidate!!!

Heck, I just recently purchased two day/date analog Timex watches to replace my old Timex digital Ironman watch, just to give you some idea as to my position on such watches.

And yes, my occasionally used cellphone is an old Samsung Flip phone model. Works just fine for my use thank you. No joke!!

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    Yes chscag, even my now superseded Watch3 does a graph of my daily heart rate, current, resting and walking/exercising on the watch and in the Workout app. The Watch3 can be set to alarm on set parameters like a high or low limit the Watch 4 even alerts on irregular rhythms like AF and can record an EKG on demand that can be displayed on your iPhone.
    I have kept my default settings for notifications, if I exceed 120 BPM or go below 40 BPM for10 min.

Your Mac's Specs
    I loved my old Nokia flip phone. My other watch is an analogue self winding mechanical so this venture into the world of digital watches is just because I love technical things. No doubt my Mechanical watch will still be working when I die which I'm sure is much more than I can say about the Apple Watch but its not nearly as much fun.

Your Mac's Specs
    Well I continue to be impressed with my Apple Watch. The battery life is excellent. I wear it in bed at night now in order to run a sleep monitor. It has an audio recorder as part of the app and because I used to suffer from sleep apnoea monitoring both the quality of my sleep as well as any snoring is valuable.
    So my current habit is to take it off when I wake and charge it until after I've showered and dressed for the day. The impressive part of that is that it's often still 40% charged or more when I take it off and after about an hour its fully charged again.
    I have kept the number of apps on the device to a minimum which is pretty easy to do as it "mirrors" a lot of apps on the iPhone without needing to have them installed on the watch itself. Accessing them can be done in a few different ways but i have found the simplest way is to have more than one of the same watch face each with different "complications" (the term for on screen applications/functions). I prefer the digital watch face so I have two of them in different colors and other than the time they have completely different complications such as a timer, the date, reminders, a weather app, heart rate, Shazam and so on. Its easier to swipe between faces than bring up the alphabetic list by pressing the crown or the recent apps list (Dock) by pressing the side button.
    I have deleted some of the faces i would never use but I still have an analogue "utility" face with second hand and 24hr bezel for those times I just want to see time passing eg. how long it takes my wife's new MBP to boot.
    Back in Indonesia now I find it works as well as the 3G network here or WiFi at home. Not as fast as Australia, especially if using Siri but still quite acceptable.
    The stock standard silicon watch strap is one of the most comfortable I've ever worn even overnight in bed.
    I am still tweaking notifications on the iPhone to suit my preferences on the watch but I've nearly got it now.
    I love being able to put both the watch and iPhone into Do Not Disturb mode for meeting and naps without even looking for my iPhone and I haven't missed a call here since we arrived because the watch vibrates which I can always feel even when I'm riding my motor bike. I can even answer the call without taking off my helmet but I usually just send a reply message to call back later.
    So I'm very happy with my purchase as I'm sure you can tell and will add more to this post if something else comes to mind.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    A very helpful and comprehensive series of posts, Rod, for those who have or are contemplating getting the new Apple Watch.

I'm not in that category, but I do enjoy reading about the device.

Ian
    Ian

Well I continue to be impressed with my Apple Watch.

It's nice to read some positive comments and some of the features that are so useful to you, and I gather yours didn't get bricked with the recent update that affected so many, or was that just specific to some of the latest series 4 models?

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information