Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apple announces faster, smarter iMacs
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac

Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    Has anyone ever tried fooling facial recognition using a photograph to log in?
    As far as I know, no one has successfully done it with a photograph. It has been defeated by twins, siblings who look so much alike that they may as well be twins, and children who look enough like their parent. Someone managed with a custom mask made to mimic the person it was made for, but that wasn’t an easy or cheap feat.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Very much agreed. Apple is way ahead of the game on Facial recognition.

The S10 is a good phone but for the high price there are a few things like this that would make me purchase an iPhone over it for sure.

Also although I am not a large fan of Dropping expensive hardware, they did a test with a S10 plus and iPhone XS Max. 5 drops from just waist height and the samsung was basically dead and iphone still working perfectly.

I am happy that Apple on the new iMacs left the 27" upgradeable and did not go the route of the iMac Pro with no memory door.
    Last edited by dtravis7; 03-21-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Don't overlook the  Watch feature that Bob mentioned in post #6. I have an  Watch and set my MBP to allow the watch to unlock it. It's nice to get to my desk, tap the space bar to wake it up, sit down and by the time I put my fingers on the keyboard, the system is ready for me. It doesn't allow entry of my password for things like installing apps, or making system changes, but it does work well for when it logs me in. And given the  watch locks when I take it off my wrist, requires a password, or for my iPhone to unlock it, it's all pretty amazing how secure it feels.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Welp, I pulled the trigger. I bit the bullet and went with a 1 TB SSD but otherwise stuck with the base 27" model. It'll be here in 2 weeks. I'll be replacing the RAM myself for half what Apple would have charged me, plus I can flip the modules I pull out on Craigslist or eBay. I needed a high capacity external HDD and had long planned on going with a Thunderbolt-ready enclosure, but geezus are they crazy expensive! I finally realized USB-C was more than adequate and it uses the same port anyway. Anyone have any experience with the G-Technology G-Drive? It's a Western Digital brand and they reportedly use their Red series in them, which are working very well for me in my current 2010 iMac and a Disk Station.

I'm really anxious to get going with it. I'm LOOOOONG overdue for an upgrade and have a couple strategy games I've been anxious to play but holding off on until I had a more capable computer.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

I don't have any experience with the G-Technology G-Drive, but for large capacity external storage I have lately gone for the 8TB Seagate for $150.- Canadian at Staples on sale.
    For smaller capacities, like 2 TB, I go for the smaller portable ones that are powered via the USB-3 port and don't require an external power supply.

I used to buy WD exclusively in the past until I found out that their USB drives, at least the portable ones, don't use a standard SATA interface internally which creates potential problems for me.

I really do not care if just looking at it wakes it up Xender Discord Omegle . I still use my hands and love using them on the mouse and keyboard. I hope this does not upset anyone but to me it's what I see happening.
    Last edited by Slydude; Yesterday at 07:08 PM. Reason: Irrelevent links removed

I hope this does not upset anyone but to me it's what I see happening.

Huh...??? Not upset at all as I haven't a clue as to what you're even talking about..

Anyway, welcome to mac-forums I guess.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information