Attention: Please checkout the new Mac-Forums Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Additional details in the "News & Community Announcements" thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Apple Sued Over Not Letting Customers Disable Two-Factor Authentication After 2 Weeks
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    For those who think they don't need 2FA, consider this article that came out last Friday: Georgia Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Apple IDs of Professional Musicians and Athletes - MacRumors

This phishing scheme would have failed with 2FA in place.
    Jake

Apple Sued Over Not Letting Customers Disable Two-Factor Authentication After 2 Weeks
    [QUOTE]What is a bit annoying is that they HAVE the documentation, you can get it all at support.apple.com, but you have to go there and do a search for it. That document I posted the link for I found there by searching for AppleID and it was right there as the second item in the search results. So they HAVE documentation, you just have to go find it.[/QUOTE]

Yup. They probably do, somewhere, and if one can actually find it.

Using a google search on Apple's site usually produces better results.

I think Apple is stll pounding its chest on the Guiness Book of Records award for the smallest manual ever produced that they earned some years ago. But Minimalist does not really help most users these days even if they don't bother reading what they might get with a new purchase.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    Apple's own search function works pretty well, too. As for the smallest manual, I think we need a compromise between smallest in history and the 10 pounds of books I used to get with my PCs, back in the day. Maybe at least a list of the documents at Apple.com for that product?
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Apple's own search function works pretty well, too. As for the smallest manual, I think we need a compromise between smallest in history and the 10 pounds of books I used to get with my PCs, back in the day. Maybe at least a list of the documents at Apple.com for that product?
    I have always loved this video. My first PC came with that many books. Notice the PC jumps when the manuals are dropped by it! Grin

Mac Vs PC

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    I have always loved this video. My first PC came with that many books. Notice the PC jumps when the manuals are dropped by it! Grin

Lovely.

Anyone recall the early System 7 animated tutorials that came with every Mac???:
    Macintosh Guided Tour (Part 1/7): Intro & "Mousing Around"
    YouTube

YouTube

- Patrick
    ======

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    For those who think they don't need 2FA, consider this article that came out last Friday: Georgia Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Apple IDs of Professional Musicians and Athletes - MacRumors

This phishing scheme would have failed with 2FA in place.
    And I do agree very much with the comments section where folks are shouting "this is not hacking, it's phishing". The article constantly refers to Hacking which is a dangerous term to use.

Phishing is basically tricking people into disclosing there Username, Password and Security Questions/Answers. None of us is perfect, but some of these "top" professionals were a bit fallible.

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    And I do agree very much with the comments section where folks are shouting "this is not hacking, it's phishing". The article constantly refers to Hacking which is a dangerous term to use.

Phishing is basically tricking people into disclosing there Username, Password and Security Questions/Answers. None of us is perfect, but some of these "top" professionals were a bit fallible.

Ian

+1!!!! 100%.

but some of these "top" professionals were a bit fallible.
    You are much too gentle and polite in your description Ian!!!

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    No personal attacks please. We are watching this thread closely. Any more and it will be closed which would be sad as there is a lot of helpful info here.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post

Ian
    I guess not all Top IT Pros are created equal! Grin

On a more serious note, in the last few years the only time I have been hacked was on Facebook when I shut off the cell phone from AT&T due to lack of $$$ at the time to pay the bill. The number was in my FB profile and assigned to someone with a new iphone XSMax. They somehow (no one knows how exactly) got into my FB account and changed the Password so I could not log in. Funny as the phone never left my house. Just the plan was discontinued and FB sent me a warning that the Password was changed by a device using my old number. Figures with FB!

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Well, we now know that Facebook has a lot of work to do with regard to security. They've been under fire from our congress and also several other governments around the world, most notably the UK and EU. I still have a registration with FB but I no longer use that account.

Your Mac's Specs
    Hey, iggibar, I didn't mean to get personal when I posted about not caring. That was a bit harsh, in retrospect. Apologies to you.
    Jake

Thread Information