Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sources: iOS 7 using 'very flat' interface similar to Windows Phone
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
    I'm not really sure. Whenever I'm baffled by any sort of logic around missing WP8 features, I do ask my friend who works in the WP8 division, but he says the product managers are pretty much to blame for a lot of stuff.
    I just read an article about a rant posted by a Windows developer who was commenting on why the Windows kernel was notably slower than Linux. Aside from the technical details, he highlighted a particular culture at MS which seems to suggest a particular hostility to change (article here). I don't know if that's true (the author back pedalled a bit later on) but it does reflect what your friend saw/sees. If that is indeed the case, it's a shame because an already great product could be even better with just a few small changes which, as the article notes, are hard to push for.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    What that article on OS News? If so read same one.

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    I just read an article about a rant posted by a Windows developer who was commenting on why the Windows kernel was notably slower than Linux. Aside from the technical details, he highlighted a particular culture at MS which seems to suggest a particular hostility to change (article here). I don't know if that's true (the author back pedalled a bit later on) but it does reflect what your friend saw/sees. If that is indeed the case, it's a shame because an already great product could be even better with just a few small changes which, as the article notes, are hard to push for.
    Very interesting read, that's a lot deeper than what my friend wanted or wasn't allowed to say.

Years from now, I do think WP8 will be what people and I want it to be. I'm really hoping that Windows Blue will give WP8 the boost it needs in the near future. Otherwise, I don't think I'll have time to sit around and wait for the changes that are needed while Microsoft hammers out the social issues in the company. It would be easier to just switch back to the iPhone.

Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Sounds like a bad-day rant, to be honest. I think many of these complaints are common across the development world. Indeed, also mostly harmless. I've days where I could make similar comments, so I guess I understand the post.. and why it was deleted by the OP.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Sounds like a bad-day rant, to be honest. I think many of these complaints are common across the development world. Indeed, also mostly harmless. I've days where I could make similar comments, so I guess I understand the post.. and why it was deleted by the OP.
    The developer responded to his own post saying that the post was overly harsh and not all that warranted. That said, I think there are some insights that can be gleaned from it that might point to some problems. For example, he talks about poaching which from what I've heard, Google can be quite effective at and I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with MS.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    Writing a Quality Post

Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Yea, I read his follow-up post as well. I just completely understand his first one
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
    Mock up's of iOS 7 with a "flat" interface look pretty bland to me. I'm all for function over form, but some of the child-like 1990's renderings of a "flat" iOS really make me wonder how it would be a step in the right direction. Why ditch a pretty face, just because you can? Would this make the OS "faster" or more reliable or significantly save battery power? (I mean real world performance, not an extra 20 minutes of runtime on a lab test.)
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    The transparencies and icon design in those "mockups" look fairly similar to Sailfish. I get the feeling that whoever did the mockups inherited some of those designs whether they knew it or not.
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information