Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That hide-the-Newsstand trick? It works
    Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Agree, why is this icon/app so bad?

Tom
    It's not that its so bad, but:

1) If you tend to buy/download way too many APPs (me)
    and
    2) You are constantly trying to keep some sense of organization on your screens so you can find stuff (me also)

Then it gets a little annoying. I have a folder set aside for news, weather and magazines, an ideal resting spot for Newstand. It should be up to me whether or not I put it there.

Honestly, I don't like the entire idea of non-deleteable APPs (with the exception of Settings). It's my IOS device, I ought to be able to configure it the way I want.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Honestly, I don't like the entire idea of non-deleteable APPs (with the exception of Settings). It's my IOS device, I ought to be able to configure it the way I want.
    I agree, I have a folder with apps I've never even used (in years), won't ever use, and would rather NOT have sucking up space. I'll never read a magazine on my iPhone screen. It'd drive me bonkers trying to. I liken it to non-removable bloat-ware.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Your Mac's Specs
    27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

and
    2) You are constantly trying to keep some sense of organization on your screens so you can find stuff (me also)

Then it gets a little annoying. I have a folder set aside for news, weather and magazines, an ideal resting spot for Newstand. It should be up to me whether or not I put it there.

Thanks for the info, as a BB owner about to make the switch I wasn't able to follow the original logic.

Tom

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    Thanks for the info, as a BB owner about to make the switch I wasn't able to follow the original logic.

Tom
    You are welcome.

Come on in, the water's fine BTW!
    Really love my iPhone, absolutely the best phone I have ever had, and I'm still running the 3Gs.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

and
    There I agree with you. The fact that I will NEVER actually buy anything via this App could be a 3rd.

Maybe you need to download/purchase less apps or be more selective about what you do grab.

I don't know for sure, but I bet if you JB your device (once everything is updated for iOS 5) you'd be able to find a way to do so. The bottom line is it's not your iOS, you just purchased the rights to use it when you purchased the device, the two go hand in hand.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Maybe you need to download/purchase less apps or be more selective about what you do grab . . . ..
    I am trying to do better . . .

Absolutely agree with that sentiment, just somehow doesn't always pan out that way. I see something that looks interesting and if it is free or really cheap I get it to try out.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
    I don't either. I really find it frustrating that we have to "trick" the OS to put something out of the way when I'm not sure I ever wanted it to begin with.
    LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
    2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora

Your Mac's Specs
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Quote Originally Posted by class77 View Post
    I actually wish newsstand could be integrated with iBooks as an alternate shelf like pdfs
    Agreed. I don't know why they made it a separate app and changed the way it works. Seems very un-apple to take something so similar and make it so different.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Thread Information