Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apple Holding Annual Media Event To Announce iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G On October 5th?
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Apple Holding Annual Media Event To Announce iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G On October 5th?

Apple Holding Annual Media Event To Announce iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G On October 5th? [REPORT] | Redmond Pie

In the sort of hush-hush operation whereby wed have to kill you etc etc, it seems that Apple is gearing up for a slightly earlier than previously expected iPhone 5 launch.
    Our inside source says there will be a press conference announcing the new hardware on October 5th, with retail release occurring a week later.

The symbolism works well too: iPhone 5, iOS 5, October 5.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    I've been waiting to see what the new iPhone will have and do. Also looks like they're going to announce a cheaper version of the iPhone 4. My wife has been asking me about getting her an iPhone since my brother in law showed her his. $$

Triple 5 on 10-5-11

Hmm...

Creating an event in iCal just for the sake of hoping this is true.
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
    I think I might finally join the smartphone "revolution" and get an iPhone 5 when it comes out. My current phone is quite possibly one of the worst phones to ever exist. I'd fire who ever created as punishment for even thinking about the idea of this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kribensis12 View Post
    I think I might finally join the smartphone "revolution" and get an iPhone 5 when it comes out. My current phone is quite possibly one of the worst phones to ever exist. I'd fire who ever created as punishment for even thinking about the idea of this phone.
    I own a Samsung Reality. Definitely not what I was expecting out of it. But, oh well...I don't know when I'll get a smartphone. If I know my aunt, she'll make me get an Android because it's cheap - being unemployed sucks, but I digress.
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3

Your Mac's Specs
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    If you're unemployed, then why are you entertaining the thought of getting a smartphone? You have neither the income nor the need.

I wonder if Tim Cook will be delivering the presentation himself at this event. I've only seen him host a press event once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
    If you're unemployed, then why are you entertaining the thought of getting a smartphone? You have neither the income nor the need.
    Because I'm not the one who is paying the cellular phone bill, and as far as I know, there are certain Android smartphones that are cheaper than iPhone. Not to mention that in two years, I may actually be employed!
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3

Quote Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
    If you're unemployed, then why are you entertaining the thought of getting a smartphone? You have neither the income nor the need. .
    who "needs" a smart phone. i personally dont. but the "want" um yeah the want is there
    60% of the time it works every time.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
    who "needs" a smart phone. i personally dont. but the "want" um yeah the want is there
    That's what i thought before i got one. The improvement was enormous.

If we all thought like this no-one on this forum would have switched from the PC, cause it did the job alright.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Your Mac's Specs
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    One of my previous jobs (IT field technician) required me to have a phone with email on it since I was running all over a big city and needed to close/update existing tickets as well as address incoming tickets in real time. The employer reimbursed me for my monthly phone bill as a result. That would be one instance of needing a smartphone. Of course, the larger point I was making was that a period of bringing in zero income to offset the additional $30 a month for a data plan isn't the best time to indulge in such expensive "wants."

That said, Chris seems to be in a situation where he doesn't need to pay for his expenses, so if it's something he can go for and his benefactor is on board, that is of course his prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
    That's what i thought before i got one. The improvement was enormous.

If we all thought like this no-one on this forum would have switched from the PC, cause it did the job alright.
    True....life before smartphones now feels like life before interwebz

Your Mac's Specs
    It wasn't too long ago that even generic cell phones were far from being mainstream consumer devices.

Post Apple to hold media event hosted by CEO Tim Cook on Oct. 4 - report
    Apple to hold media event hosted by CEO Tim Cook on Oct. 4 - report

Apple is now expected to hold a media event on Tuesday, Oct. 4 presided over by its new chief executive, Tim Cook, to introduce the company's fifth-generation iPhone.

Read more

finally!

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
    Looking forward to it.

Thread Information