Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apple Holding Annual Media Event To Announce iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G On October 5th?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
    I was in Verizon last night to pay my bill for my hotspot device, and they kept telling me that they are already gathering a list for people that want the new 5. Not sure if they are loving the hype train business that Apple brings in, but I'm hoping there's a little bit of truth that a new phone is coming really soon.
    LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
    2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora

Apple Holding Annual Media Event To Announce iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G On October 5th?
    Your Mac's Specs
    yeahhhh...might need to look at my signature
    Only 2 weeks away! I hope the iPhone 5 actually gets a new design, while have the current version in "4S" models.
    3.0GHz 10x Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6x Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4x Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz i7 15" MBP 15.12.3GHz i7 15" MBP 11.32.8GHz i7 13" MBP 11.12.66Ghz i7 15"MBP 6.22.4GHz 15" MBP 5.12.4GHz 13" MBP 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Merged similar threads - no point having two threads discussing the same event.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Your Mac's Specs
    16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
    I am definitely looking forward to this. Didn't see the iPhone 4 as being a big enough upgrade from my 3GS to pop for one, so I have been holding out for iPhone 5 (unless it isn't that much better either--in which case I will treat myself to a bargain priced iPhone 4).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
    Besides new products, I am looking forward to see the performance of Tim Cook on such an event.

It would not be wise of Apple to put Steve on the stage again as that will certainly minimize the importance of having Tim Cook at the helm .... it would be a wrong signal to the shareholders.

No matter how much I liked Steve Jobs' style, times are a changing.

My 2 cents.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by McBie View Post
    Besides new products, I am looking forward to see the performance of Tim Cook on such an event.

It would not be wise of Apple to put Steve on the stage again as that will certainly minimize the importance of having Tim Cook at the helm .... it would be a wrong signal to the shareholders.

No matter how much I liked Steve Jobs' style, times are a changing.

My 2 cents.

Cheers ... McBie
    I agree . . . though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't do a tribute to Steve and all he brought to the company. . . .. and to us.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Your Mac's Specs
    iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    I agree . . . though I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't do a tribute to Steve and all he brought to the company. . . .. and to us.
    True ... I would love to see something like that as well, but I am not sure that the event will be the most appropriate vehicle.

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
    I am definitely looking forward to this. Didn't see the iPhone 4 as being a big enough upgrade from my 3GS to pop for one, so I have been holding out for iPhone 5 (unless it isn't that much better either--in which case I will treat myself to a bargain priced iPhone 4).
    Wow, the 4 wasn't a big enough upgrade? What the heck do you need? The 4 was a huge improvement over the 3GS... memory, processor, camera, screen, gyroscope... Basically everything associated with the phone was improved upon from the 3GS.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by RONE View Post
    Wow, the 4 wasn't a big enough upgrade? What the heck do you need? The 4 was a huge improvement over the 3GS... memory, processor, camera, screen, gyroscope... Basically everything associated with the phone was improved upon from the 3GS.
    Everything except actual function . . .

I need it to do something noticeably better, or that my previous phone was unable to do for it to be a significant upgrade.
    I will give you the camera thing, but I don't use my phone as a camera other than to grab GPS coordinates for my DSLR.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I'm hoping the 5 goes back to the curved shape back. The uncomfortable square shape is the one reason I kept my 3GS instead of getting the 4.

I know, picky, picky, picky.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
    Everything except actual function . . .

I need it to do something noticeably better, or that my previous phone was unable to do for it to be a significant upgrade.
    I will give you the camera thing, but I don't use my phone as a camera other than to grab GPS coordinates for my DSLR.
    Haha, fair enough. I upgraded from a 3G to a 4 (3G to 3GS wasn't enough of an improvement for me).

Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    And according to a leaked pic, looks like it may have gone back to the rounded corners on the back - link.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    And according to a leaked pic, looks like it may have gone back to the rounded corners on the back - link.
    I've held and used both and have owned the iPhone 4 for almost a year and if forced to choose, I'd pick the 4. I think a slight compromise would be best, though. Some sort of hybrid with a flat back but mildly rounded corners. Doesn't matter, I'm waiting for the "iPhone 6" next year.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

About the realease of touch 5
    Hey Guys,

I've been promised an Ipod Touch 5th Gen as soon as it comes out. You just said that Apple would hold the Annual Media Event on 5th October. Does that mean that the Ipod 5th Gen will be available in stores the very next day?

Thanks man.

Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Avvi.Khaira98 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've been promised an Ipod Touch 5th Gen as soon as it comes out. You just said that Apple would hold the Annual Media Event on 5th October. Does that mean that the Ipod 5th Gen will be available in stores the very next day?

Thanks man.
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    To answer your question, this is Apple we are talking about, so unless someone has some inside information there is no way to tell what Apple will do and when.
    I wouldn't even like to speculate on this one, so best bet it to wait and see just like the rest of us minions to Apple

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information