Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Critics Are Losing the Apple Price Argument

Your Mac's Specs
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    In any case, the next time someone tells you that Apple’s gear is way overpriced, remind them of the iPad, iPhone and iPod. At $49 for an iPod shuffle, you can’t call it costly, nor can you say anything of the sort about the $499 iPad. Indeed, that trendsetting product is priced far more cheaply than pretty much any alleged analyst expected when it was introduced earlier this year.
    I have thought for a while and mentioned it in a previous thread that  pricing structure has been fair of late. Mind you this is only on Hardware and i was talking about the 10.7 release....... I think  will surprise us with it and keep it cheap for us ...
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Your Mac's Specs
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Add in ilife11. That's amazingly priced for what it offers.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, macOS Catalina,
    And the8thark after a lifetime's experience, let me tell you critics never lose their arguments! They just never recognise the facts.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
    I agree, but it's still annoying to see a friend buy a new Windows laptop with a 17" screen and i7 chip for less than $1k.
    LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
    2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora

Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by ezcompane View Post
    I agree, but it's still annoying to see a friend buy a new Windows laptop with a 17" screen and i7 chip for less than $1k.
    Stand over his shoulder and watch him fight with crashes, freezes, almost daily "security updates", and observe the paranoia that a vulnerable OS brings.
    Then remember why you went the Mac route and breathe a sigh of relief.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    And the8thark after a lifetime's experience, let me tell you critics never lose their arguments! They just never recognise the facts.
    Very true, whether it be politics, religion... or computers.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    That's exactly why you let them live in their own little fantasy world. While we all can enjoy the great things the real world has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Stand over his shoulder and watch him fight with crashes, freezes, almost daily "security updates", and observe the paranoia that a vulnerable OS brings.
    Then remember why you went the Mac route and breathe a sigh of relief.
    That is fairly debatable. Before I switched to Macs, 2 years ago now, I never really had problems with any of my PCs, other than the occasional hardware failure.

My current Macbook Pro has had it's CPU fan replaced twice since I purchased it. That's actually the only machine I've had hardware failures more than once. I've never had issues (security related, crashes, freezes or anything else) with my previous PCs.

So, when my friend, who has had pretty much the same experience as me with PCs, asks me what justifies the higher price or lower specs of Macs for same priced machines, I really don't know what to tell him.

Then there's my girlfriend's PC that I constantly need to fix something on because she isn't tech savvy. On top of that, her two daughters also use that PC. It's a mess of a machine and she's actually starting to consider switching to an iMac (which would make MY life so easier).

So if I use my girlfriend's PC as an example to justify the price to my friend, he'll of course point out that it's their (my GF and her daughters) if the PC is a mess, which is absolutely true.

Thankfully, I don't feel the need to actually justify my choice to him, because to me the higher price is very much worth it. But he'll never see it, and the same can be said of many PC users.

Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
    But he'll never see it, and the same can be said of many PC users.
    And that there my friend, until they do have time on OS X or any  OS for that matter, they will always never see it

But then again i am paying higher prices for the OS ..... and my Aluminium Unibody
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

It really comes down to simple aesthetics in my opinion. A lot of us like pretty things and we are willing to pay more for pretty things. If you're a Loius Vuitton kind of girl, buy a Mac. If you prefer GAP then grab that latest Windows 7 netbook. I don't think a Mac is any better functionally than a Windows 7 PC. They both get the job done just fine. Macs sure are sexy.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, macOS Catalina,
    Let's not turn this sensible thread into a flame war!

Where exactly is this a flame war? You guys get too sensitive anytime the word PC is used in this forum.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    PC=Personal Computer.

So far this thread has gone really well, but we are watching it closely. As long as it stays civil and with the Community Guidelines, it's fine.

Your Mac's Specs
    Imac G5(Mine) and Wife's Imac intel,(new)
    I normally do not post on these threads, but, I do like Mac computers and I'm a switcher. Having said that, I have had more hard ware related problems on our two I Macs one being only 7 months old, than I have ever had on a PC. Also, it seems Apple seems to upgrade every thing, and we must pay the price to have the new goodies, sometimes worth itand other times not necessary. But the bottom line is the Apple OS system, is still the heart and soul of Apple, and may be worth the price.

Thread Information