Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Right click issue
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    I see & understand your difficulty especially when you want to paste a word between two others in a sentence.

As I see it, it's a question of living with this or - as I do - use Command C and Command V - to Copy & Paste. As Keyboard shortcuts, they are pretty easy to remember and to execute. (and do't involve any clicks at all)

Ian
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    I see & understand your difficulty especially when you want to paste a word between two others in a sentence.

As I see it, it's a question of living with this or - as I do - use Command C and Command V - to Copy & Paste. As Keyboard shortcuts, they are pretty easy to remember and to execute. (and do't involve any clicks at all)

Ian
    yup I think thats what im gonna do. still getting used to it

Thank you!

Right click issue
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    @johnchristy44, I think you are moving the mouse, ever so slightly, as you click. I just tried it on your post and was able to click on a single character (space) just fine.

On the other hand, to do a cut/paste, all you need to do is get the mouse cursor in the right place. No need for a right click unless you are replacing what's there. If all you want is paste, just move the cursor to where it goes, left click to get the insertion bar there and cmd-v.
    Jake

Right click issue
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    I think you are moving the mouse, ever so slightly, as you click.
    That's what I noticed also when I watched his video. I described as a bit of lag in my reply above but your description is probably right on.

ok thank you im gonna use cmd+v

Right click issue
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    If you just click in the location you want to insert (not right click), you can then just paste the data. Also, the arrow keys (forward/backward) will move the cursor to the start/end when there is something highlighted.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Right click issue
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by johnchristy44 View Post
    ok thank you im gonna use cmd+v
    Getting used to the keyboard shortcuts is definitely the way to go, although you "can" access the copy/paste commands from the menubar also. One other tip I want to throw out there for you, even though this won't help in this particular situation, is that instead of right-clicking your mouse button, you can get those same context menus by holding down the CTRL key and clicking the left mouse button. I actually sometimes find this easier than right-clicking because I have a tendency to nudge the mouse out of position when right-clicking. That tendency is even more pronounced on trackpads. Using CTRL-LEFT CLICK helps me avoid that.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach View Post
    Getting used to the keyboard shortcuts is definitely the way to go, although you "can" access the copy/paste commands from the menubar also. One other tip I want to throw out there for you, even though this won't help in this particular situation, is that instead of right-clicking your mouse button, you can get those same context menus by holding down the CTRL key and clicking the left mouse button. I actually sometimes find this easier than right-clicking because I have a tendency to nudge the mouse out of position when right-clicking. That tendency is even more pronounced on trackpads. Using CTRL-LEFT CLICK helps me avoid that.
    thank you for this tip, ill give it a try.

and thank you all

Thread Information