Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
As to point #1 (corrosion): The corrosion won't really spread. It's not like rust on an automobile that spreads. Automobiles are constantly bombarded with water, salt, and other fluids that continuously "feed" the corrosion process (once bare metal is exposed to the elements).

The logic board is primarily made of fiberglass & the connection pathways are usually copper. There really isn't a lot of material there to corrode...and...the corrosion process is not being "fed" by a constant supply of liquid (like water) and salts.

As to point #2 (get the non-working USB ports working). Sure this is a great reason...but is it worth $1000 CDN after you've been using it this way for 11 months.

If this independent repair shop can clean things for a fair price...not do more harm than good in the process...and this will make you feel better...then go for it. $1000 CDN for a replacement logic board to get the non-working USB ports operational doesn't seem worth it to me (especially after it's been used this way for 11 months).

If this were my computer (which of course it isn't)...I would just let things be (unless by some miracle you can convince Apple to replace the logic board for free...or possibly negotiate a greatly reduced cost). With the years of experience I've had with this exact situation...when the Apple techs see tripped moisture sensors...they're going to say "replacement logic board"...and you pay the full cost.

- Nick
Thanks for the opinion. I'm thinking the same as you, I won't pay 1000$ just to get back the faulty usb ports. My priority is to get things clean and avoid it get worse...

Another thing to consider is that if in the future I have problems with the keyboard (there is a recall right now), they won't fix it free of charge until the logic board is replaced.

And the independent place do a liquid spill cleaning for 89$CAN. That seems like a good price. At the same time they'll see if there is more important problems in my machine...

thx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by techiesteve View Post
The powdery green and white 'corrosion' I regularly see on liquid damaged logic boards shouldn't spread unless the PCB is still wet, but it can damage the circuitry under it. The 4 TB3 touch bar MacBook Pro's have sockets separate from the logic board, Apple calls then I/O boards. When the base is off it is easy to use a T3 screwdriver to undo the 2 screws holding the I/O board down, then flip up the connector. You can then attach a spare I/O board and connect a USB-C power connector. If it 'dings' you have power, then connect a USB-C drive, or an adapter and a USB3 drive to check the ports are functioning. Then repeat on the other socket. If the replacement I/O board fixes the problem you will have some serious dismantling to do to replace it. If it doesn't fix the problem you will require a logic board replacement. It's quite simple to diagnose. This test goes for both the 13" and 15" 4 TB3 port models. The same I/O board can be fitted to the left or right. The 13" MacBook Pro with just 2 TB3 ports doesn't use an I/O board, any power or data problems with them will require a logic board.
Thanks for all that valuable information !