Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Got screen replaced by Apple during Staingate, now my replacement screen is delaminating - Options?
    Went into apple for the screen delamination issue in 2017 and got a complimentary replacement as part of their recall for this issue.

Fearing this could just happen again, I asked the guy, "what if this happens again?" And he assured me. "It won't happen again."

Well, less than 24 months later and the screen is delaminating all along the borders yet again.

Does anyone know if I have any options at my disposal with regards to Apple?

Got screen replaced by Apple during Staingate, now my replacement screen is delaminating - Options?
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Do you have Apple Care for it? Is it still covered? If so, they should replace it again.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacPro 5,1 3,2Ghz-6Core. MacBook Pro Retina 15'' Early 2013 2,7Ghz I7 16Gb Ram 512GB SSD GT-650M
    If you're out of warranty your options are quite limited. Could you specify which model macbook you have? Apple rightout refuses to work on my early 2013 model because its classified as ''vintage''. Even if they still want to work on your Macbook it will probably be around 400-500$ and searching for a replacement screen online will result in costs around 300$. I have however cleaned of the screen coating on another screen with metal polish before, takes time but removes all of the coating. Screen won't be 100% perfect however.
    What I did was keep looking online until an affordable screen came on the market. I bought a 15'' screen for a mid 2015 MacBook Pro retina and it fits on my early 2013 MacBook Pro retina just fine except for the webcam that doesn't work anymore but whatever I never use it.
    Hope this helps you

Your Mac's Specs
    yeahhhh...might need to look at my signature
    "Delaminating" is an issue that plagues many laptops(as well as phones) with glass screens that use anti-reflective coatings. If you're out of warranty, one simple solution is to remove all of the coating with high % isopropyl alcohol. Not worth the cost of replacing the screen.
    3.0GHz 10x Mac Pro 6.13.46GHz 6x Mac Pro 5.12.66GHz 4x Mac Pro 4.12.2GHz i7 15" MBP 15.12.3GHz i7 15" MBP 11.32.8GHz i7 13" MBP 11.12.66Ghz i7 15"MBP 6.22.4GHz 15" MBP 5.12.4GHz 13" MBP 7.1

Your Mac's Specs
    MacPro 5,1 3,2Ghz-6Core. MacBook Pro Retina 15'' Early 2013 2,7Ghz I7 16Gb Ram 512GB SSD GT-650M
    Quote Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
    "Delaminating" is an issue that plagues many laptops(as well as phones) with glass screens that use anti-reflective coatings. If you're out of warranty, one simple solution is to remove all of the coating with high % isopropyl alcohol. Not worth the cost of replacing the screen.
    Unfortunately the coating doesn't always come off with just isopropyl alcohol is seems to differ from screen to screen.

Thread Information