Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i tried safe mode and same issue guys apple logo and full loading bar and s
    thats it.. if i press any key i can hear sounds

i did some research and i believe i need to do a reinstall of the SMC firmware and maybe PRAM to?? Doesnt one of those control the screen and boot up ?

macbook air a1466 stuck on loading bar, can hear sounds.. but wont boot
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Jake

i tried both and nothing.. possible those chips need reflashing? can i reflash the firmware on the smc or pram?

Your Mac's Specs
    I am puzzled by the "sounds" and "voices" you are hearing. When I have installed the OS on my Macs all I get is a chime, and maybe a tone for when it completes. NO voices. So if you are hearing voices, I'm wondering where you got the installer and if it has been hacked.

I don't think you can re-flash those devices. Apple may be able to, but I seriously doubt they are the problem, unless the installer WAS hacked and now has somehow written into the ROM of the SMC/NVRAM. If that's the case, you may have to go to Apple and pay whatever it takes to get control over your system.
    Jake

you know when your at the login screen and you press any key , how the system makes a sound? i get that when i boot normally..
    but when i but from in recovery mode i hear the promts of saying " press something for english " or whatever he says lol i forgot what he says exactly..
    hope u understand now lol
    Last edited by nicktheslick1; 08-22-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    Nope, not a chance. Good luck with it. All I can say is that unless you have turned on some sort of accessibility option that works at boot, I cannot imagine what the voice would ask. My MBP is absolutely voiceless at boot.
    Jake

let me explain it again.. you know when you boot your device and your at the login screen?/
    If you enter the wrong password doesnt it make a sound?? mine does that, so that means my laptop is booted up fully, BUT the screen is still stuck on the black screen with the white apple logo and full loading bar.. and same with when the recovery mode is full booted, i know it has fully booted up BUT stuck on that screen...

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by nicktheslick1 View Post
    let me explain it again.. you know when you boot your device and your at the login screen?/
    If you enter the wrong password doesnt it make a sound??
    Nope, not a sound. All that happens is that the password box shakes to show I got it wrong. No sounds at all.
    mine does that, so that means my laptop is booted up fully, BUT the screen is still stuck on the black screen with the white apple logo and full loading bar..
    That screen is NOT the login screen, but comes before the boot is finished. I'm totally lost with that comment because those are two different places and if you are still seeing the Apple logo, it's not done booting.
    and same with when the recovery mode is full booted, i know it has fully booted up BUT stuck on that screen...
    If it's on the Apple screen, it's not fully booted, period.

So, I'm lost. Maybe somebody knows where you are in the boot process, but it's not me.
    Jake

here is a video
    YouTube

Your Mac's Specs
    That is not fully booted. The "donk" sound is the machine telling you it's ignoring the keypresses because it's not booted. If you leave it there and it never finishes, you can try to boot recovery and internet recovery to reinstall the OS: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support
    Jake

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @nick (the slick1)

I've carefully re-read all 26 posts, having made a minor contribution early on.

These are my thoughts for what they are worth:

1. You have never had a successful boot. Your video establishes that. Safe Mode failed. Recovery Mode failed.

2. The Flash Installer is suspect. Voices and all the rest. Someone asked you how you got the OS on to that stick and where did the OS come from? I haven't appreciated any reply to that.

3. I would say that you probably need to wipe the SSD to get rid of the faulty OS; and then install a fresh copy of the OS - not from the Flash Stick but from the Internet as Jake suggested.

4. Way back at the start, several people suggested that the SSD was dead or maybe the logic board. That may well be the case; but for the moment, I prefer the corrupted and useless OS idea.

5. Whatever you do, however you progress, I can only pray that you have your data backed up because I think that any solution (mine or others) could result in a total loss of data.

I'd be interested to hear your views on my thoughts. Good luck.

Ian
    Ian

its not the ssd thats for sure, because i put this ssd in my other macbook pro and it booted fine .. and i put the MBP ssd in this laptop and same issue, stuck on that darn screen.. so it has to be a motherboard issue , either a GPU issue , a ram issue, EFI chip or another chip ? i was hoping u guys would be able to crack this nut but i think i need another board.. anyone selling a MBA 2015 board?

Your Mac's Specs
    Did you try the recovery/internet recovery process I linked to in post #26? Before I spent effort or money on a logic board, I'd do that to see if it will boot all the way through from a known-to-be-good source. Right now I don't trust the OS on the drive at all. The recovery boot will ensure you have a glitch-free boot process.
    Jake

tried all 3 methods of recovery and all get stuck on the same screen , what now?

Thread Information