Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

macOS Installation Issues??
    I restarted my MBP (Mid 2015)2.2G, I7, 16GB as I feel it is slowing down and all of a sudden it can not complete the loading of the system because of installation issues.... I remember there was an IOS update which I did just days ago......could this be related to that update?... I have restarted my MBP 5 times already....I have shut it down completely and waited 10 min, then 30 min again and Im still having the same issues....being only a reader and keyboarder, this issue is beyond my literacy knowledge..... any help will be appreciated...thanks...
    As i can not screen print, I have to use my iPhone to take this picture..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chscag; 11-21-2018 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Corrected Title

iOS is for iDevices, macOS is for Macs. You are having issues with the latter, not the former. When you say you "restarted" your machine, is that a restart (shutdown and power up) or re-install. These are two VERY different things.

What version of macOS was already on there and what version of macOS are you trying to install?

If you are indeed doing a re-install because your machine is slow, there are SIGNIFICANTLY easier things to try first before that drastic choice.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Im sorry...it is Mac OS per message and I do not know what that means.... I thought it was related to that security software update 10.13.6 or the Safari 12.0.1 update... I can not open my MBP as that Mac Os Installation code is there..
    I have v10.13.6 High Sierra in my MBP and I did not do any reinstall of my MBP... all I did was restart my MBP.....that is all....
    Thanks for your reply....

For some reason or reasons after my MBP slept for the whole day, it booted up completely with just a note that the v10.13.6 is not completely installed so it rebooted to the old? MacOs for whatever that is..... still telling me to update the security10.13.6 for which Im scared for it might screw up my MBP again....

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Before you attempt the update, start Disk Utility, and run First Aid on the drive. You may want to start up in Recovery, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314, to perform this action.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thanks Bob.... i will take my time before I will dive into this process......

My MacOS Installation problem recurred..I tried Disk Utility First Aid but it did not help...
    Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 4.42.36 PM.png

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Is your 2015 MacBook Pro under warranty (Apple Care) or has that already expired? You might want to make an appointment with your local Apple Store genius bar and have them run diagnostics on the machine. It could be that the SSD in your machine might be acting up which does not show up by running Disk Utility. Apple Store genius bar diagnostics are free but if your machine is out of warranty, any repairs will be at your expense.

There really isn't anything you can do yourself as far as repairs go since most everything in that machine is soldered down and not user replaceable.

For the record, we've seen this at work happening with High Sierra frequently. My personal 17" MacBook Pro also did it. It's an odd one to isolate because the initial upgrade will work, and it may even handle more than one reboot afterwards, but eventually.. that error happens.

The quick fix is to do an online recovery overlay install. Cmd-Opt-R power-on, Install macOS. This does a non-destructive overlay installation over top of the current one and fixes the issue.

Thanks S.SubZero.... I'm tempted to do that too.... my main concern is our internet is horrible here in the Philippines.... it is very very slow that many things could happen during the recovery install and I will be stuck with something worse.......

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, OS X.14.6 Mojave,
    For mine suggest an erase and clean install for each new operating system. Upgrade after upgrade leads to problems after problems.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    For mine suggest an erase and clean install for each new operating system. Upgrade after upgrade leads to problems after problems.
    Thanks Harry... How do I do that....do I have to format my HD, install MacOS?... I did download the Clone copier? as suggested in the past issues, do I clean install then install the the Clone? Not really into computer but this site has helped me a lot resolving some small issues in the past.....

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    You will need to create a bootable USB installer, for whichever OS X/macOS you want to install.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

You will need to have the installer file in your Applications folder and an 8GB USB/flash/thumb drive or larger.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Thank you for all your help..... Im back here now in the US, I restarted my MBP, it still hung up with Mac OS Installation issues , then I remembered Ferrar's suggestion to start Disk Utility and when my MBP restarted, the Mac OS completely loaded and I was surprised to see my desktop again.... I was ready to do everything suggested in here........but then everything seemed to work perfectly now.....it must have been the very slow internet system in the Philippines which screwed up my MBP...
    Thank you and as always, this Forum saves a lot of headache for me......

Thread Information