Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
    You can use Find My IPad from one of your Macs. It should retain the last known location, even if the battery died.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Does it tell you down to the square foot where the device is? Not for my devices.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, OS X.15.4,.
    Methinks we caught a troll.

It's your money spend how you want. You may even come to enjoy Windows OS X. Sorry Windows 10.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Does it tell you down to the square foot where the device is? Not for my devices.
    No, but it gives you an idea and might jog the memory.

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    In sig
    Apple is frustrating me after revealing their MBP especially after no talks to release an upgrade for the Mac Pro... Apple is so archaic and has taken a step backward regarding its PC hardware for professionals. When you have 6/8 core processors (socket 2011-3) that are currently out now and Apple still has the audacity to sell its dinky zeon systems at full price which cant compare when it comes to power, it's all the more reason why 'Pros' should ditch Apple's trashcan paperweight of a machine and settle with a custom configured workstation instead. I remember when it was (an unwritten) standard for all the professionals to 'get an Apple' b/c their line of work had to deal w/ some intense multi-media production (music, film, graphics). Nowadays all of Apple's focus is limited on pricey flimsy gimmicky phones and tablets. Apple's just a mere shell of its former self when it comes to their current PC line up. It's sad
    Last edited by chscag; 10-28-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Edited out masked profanity. We are still a "G" rated forum!

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    It shows it within maybe 20 feet for me. Does Android and find my phone work any better? Not on my S4 or Note 8.

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Hey Dennis... But the Note 7 is easy to find. Just look for the smoke. LOL.

Why no touchscreen??

Your Mac's Specs
    17 " 2009 macbook Pro
    I agree. My vocal teacher has a lenovo and I've seen her use her hands to make things bigger and smaller and touch it like you would a phone, and it looks great to me. Frankly I'm used to using an iPhone and I'd like to do the same thing on a computer. I always ask why does apple make decisions for everybody. They don't ask me what I like. I do write them once in a while and actually they may have taken at least one of my suggestions in that the new iPhone iOS arranges my music folders into folders so I can visually see them which is what I like. On the other hand Apple has dismissed a lot in the last few years what those of us - especially in the older generation would like visual as well as touch manner of doing things. They decided to take out the earphone plug but that's not what I want that's not a wave of the future as far as I'm concerned. I've lost a lot of faith an Apple in the last few years. I've been with applesauce 1984 and I think my voice should count for something. I have conversed with others in the Apple user group and other groups and I'm not the only one.

Why no touchscreen??

Your Mac's Specs
    17 " 2009 macbook Pro
    Response to urbanman
    Hallelujah to Urbanman2000! To the person who posted that Apple is well behind the times.That's what I said and I replied on this site just now. Apple is not listening to what many of us would like and has taken a step backwards for different kinds of gains.
    Last edited by itasara; 10-28-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I wanted to add the person I was responding to him because he did not get put in there I wanted it to.

Why no touchscreen??

Your Mac's Specs
    17 " 2009 macbook Pro
    Randy, you know very well that an iPad is not the same as a computer. And there's no reason not to be able to have a touch screen on the computer. I really can't fathom why Apple doesn't want to do this. I find apple being very stubborn about things these days. It would be interesting for Apple to put out a Survey for all Apple users and then get a real idea what some of us would like to see you. After all Apple computers are still very expensive so for that cost we should have what we want and not all the smaller bells and whistles that I see coming out that I for one have no desire to have

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 27" late 2009 (10,1) El Cap; MBP early 2011 (8,1) Mavericks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohop365 View Post
    Microsoft Surface is kicking our butts with touchscreen capability!
    Not my butt. I don't want to be reaching out to do my work by touching the screen. I want my upper arms at my side and my hands comfortably on my keyboard and touchpad. It's not like I was standing up at a wall-mounted display giving a presentation.

Enjoy your touchscreen!
    Yodrak

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    In sig
    Quote Originally Posted by itasara View Post
    Hallelujah to Urbanman2000! To the person who posted that Apple is well behind the times.That's what I said and I replied on this site just now. Apple is not listening to what many of us would like and has taken a step backwards for different kinds of gains.
    It's like they have lost touch with the society. They're stuck in this zone where mobile is so much important and forgot its roots. Shame on Apple

Why no touchscreen??
    Randy, you know very well that an iPad is not the same as a computer.
    Actually, I know extremely well that it is. You might want to try one, you might be very surprised at how powerful and practical they have become. Personally, even I'm shocked at how many folks in my user group now use an iPad way more than a Macintosh now. You can do just about anything that you do on a desktop computer on an iPad now, and you can do a number of things on an iPad that you wouldn't likely do on a Macintosh because of its portability. Have a look at the App Store. There are literally tens of thousands of applications. These are not bogus, they are the real thing.

By the way, all of those apps in the App Store...they've all been specifically designed to be used with a touch screen. The Microsoft Surface has a minuscule number of apps designed specifically for a touch screen. That's why iOS is for touch screens and MacOS is for Macs. Windows 10 is a kludge for touchscreens.
    Randy B. Singer
    Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
    Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Touch screen technology won't be any good until we all have walls of screens, with a huge touch screen as your desk, just like in CSI Los Angeles hahaha that's the sort of touch screen I want.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Why no touchscreen??
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    This is a mute statement, because when has Apple EVER listened to what we want ? Never ...... Why ? Because we don't really know what we want, until Apple innovates and brings us something, new and amazing. They do what they do for a reason, and seeing it's a business, it's to make money, and looking at stocks, I think they are on the right track.

My my only gripe, is Mac Pro ?? Where is its update ??
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information