Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

New battery, new charger, but battery not charging?
    I bought a new oem Battery, and a second charger, for my mid 2010 MBP, but the battery is not charging. The battery came with a %44 charge, and is not going any higher.
    Why did my Macbook pro stop charging the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by carpenterken View Post
    I bought a new oem Battery, and a second charger, for my mid 2010 MBP, but the battery is not charging. The battery came with a %44 charge, and is not going any higher.
    Why did my Macbook pro stop charging the battery?
    Hi,
    Did you run the MBP on battery yet at all or did you plug the charger straight in from the new install ?

Yes it runs off the battery just fine.
    The battery icon in the upper right shows a half bar when unplugged, and has the plug symbol (solid/not moving) in it when plugged in.
    Is there a reset of some sort?

Well you could try this Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance the method asks that you actually fully charge your battery first but you don't know whether that's the case or not. Give it a try by all means anyway.

So what mbp do you have a 15 or a 13 inch?
    Also if its a 15 inch did you purchase the 85 watt charger or the 65 watt? The 65 watt chargers or intended for the 13 inch models they will run a 15 inch but I have seen cases where when they are used they wont fully charge the battery . In the system information does it say that its charging?

I don't own a mac,,, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson1112 View Post
    So what mbp do you have a 15 or a 13 inch?
    Also if its a 15 inch did you purchase the 85 watt charger or the 65 watt? The 65 watt chargers or intended for the 13 inch models they will run a 15 inch but I have seen cases where when they are used they wont fully charge the battery . In the system information does it say that its charging?
    13" model. Both chargers are 60 w magsafe chargers. The computer runs on ether charger, and the battery is not drawing down then.
    I know as soon as this new battery is dead, the computer will stop working on the charger again.
    The new battery started with 44% when I bought it, and is now down to %35. I have been leaving the computer plugged in so that I can at least use it till I figure out what the trouble is.

Thread Information