Macbook pro 13" battery replacement
    I can't seem to find a replacement battery for my computer. It's a 13" macbook pro that I got around spring 2009. I have never replaced the battery and it hardly holds a charge anymore; I can keep it unplugged for maybe an hour, depending on what I'm using it for. I desperately need to replace the battery, but when I go online and look at the Apple store I can only find Macbook batteries for the 13", and then macbook pros that are 15" or 17". I looked it up and read that the Macbook battery isn't compatible, and I need one for macbook Pro.

I'm really confused, if anyone can help me out that would be great. Don't have the time to drive over to the Apple store to ask anyone there in person, and I really don't want to wait much longer, as I've read that the battery swelling can cause damage to the computer (the trackpad already sticks down sometimes, which I've heard is from the swelling battery). Plus I've had the same battery for almost 4 years now which is a pretty long time I think.

Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

I'm a little hesitant to get anything that isn't made by apple, or isn't brand new. Does apple not sell new batteries for this computer anymore or something?

It's not a "user serviceable part" as far as Apple is concerned, so it is unlikely you will find one available to you as the general public, but I'm sure if you call a dealer, they can replace it for you.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Quote Originally Posted by littlec7821 View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to get anything that isn't made by apple, or isn't brand new. Does apple not sell new batteries for this computer anymore or something?
    Of course Apple sells batteries for their machines, however, you will need to make an appointment, take it in, and have the battery installed. Extra $$$.

The suggestion above about buying the battery from OWC (Other World Computing) is a good one. OWC are authorized Apple dealers, repair, and resellers. Their batteries (all new) exceed those supplied by Apple and are fully warranted.

Ok, I will check that out. I was only asking because when I checked the online Apple store there is no battery for my computer.

I don't see any on OWC either, just 15" and 17"

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Unfortunately you're correct. OWC, it seems is no longer stocking the Newer Technology battery for the MBP 13" models.

Take a look on the Powerbook Medic web site: Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad

I'm fairly certain though that you can order one direct from Apple. If the folks at PBM don't have it, try calling Apple direct: 1-800-MY-APPLE

It's $150 new on the powerbook site... I'll give Apple a call or try and get to the store sometime soon and see if they can help me out. Doesn't really make sense that it would be more expensive than the batteries on Apple's website

Thread Information