Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1




Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Upgrade or wait for ML
    I have been waiting to upgrade my 2008 MB with a retina display mac pretty much ever since the original retina display came out on the iPhone... Now that it is here I am so ready to order it. However I have always felt computers were better and more responsive with their native OS ... I figure I will wait for when the new MBP ships with ML installed ... anyone think this is silly or a good idea? Thoughts...
    My first apple product is this White 2.4 Mac Book I bought on September 25, 2008!

  2. #2
    Upgrade or wait for ML
    Stretch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,773
    Your Mac's Specs
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    Rep Power
    17
    It doesn't matter. I believe they said you would get ML when it ships for free if you purchase now.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

    Currently running OS X 10.10

  3. #3
    Upgrade or wait for ML
    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    41,353
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Rep Power
    43
    Like Stretch mentioned...it doesn't matter. Buy the new MBP with the retina display now...or later. Apple does say that you get a free upgrade to Mountain Lion when it is released...and even if you didn't...it's only going to cost $19.99!

    As far as Mac's running best on their "native OS"...or original shipping OS. Well there may be some truth to this...in the sense that as newer OS versions are released (many times they get more complex)...and thus need more cpu & gpu "power" to run well.

    But guess what?? If you purchase the new MBP with the retina display...and eventually run OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) on it...it's not like when OS 10.9, 10.10, 10.11...or OS 11.0 is released that you won't run it on this computer.

    So it's really not much of a discussion point with the new MacBook Pro and OS 10.8. They will run well together...and so will OS 10.9, 10.10, etc.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Late-adopter: upgrade to 7.1 or wait for 8?
    By antipode in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 07:37 PM
  2. Upgrade to 4S or wait for 5?
    By yufahsia in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
  3. Cheapest way to upgrade? Should I wait?
    By pomology in forum macOS - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM
  4. Upgrade now to new MacBook Pro or wait?
    By bronsonart in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •