Qaxpla
    Option 2 seems a good deal. I used a 12" on Monday, was indeed nice. The screen is somewhat small yes, however, you will get used to it. I thought this 17" would be way too big but then, I used it and became quite accumstomed to it!

Change is never good at first!

aaronz
    Which iBook should I get?
    If you had a choice between these two identically-priced iBooks, which one would you choose? I'm not terribly concerned about HD space; if I need more, I'll buy an external. I'm leaning toward the 12", but I'm a little concerned about the screen size, although I've heard nothing but good things from people with the 12". All advise welcome, especially if you own one of these models.

Option 1
    iBook G4 1Ghz, 14-inch display, 1024x768 resolution, 256mb DDR266 SDRAM, 40GB HD, DVD-CDRW Combo drive, ATI Radeon 9200 w/32mb DDR Video Ram

Option 2
    iBook G4 1.2Ghz, 12-inch display, 1024x768 resolution, 256MB PC 2100 DDR SDRAM, 30GB ATA 100 HD, DVD-CDRW Combo Drive, ATI Radeon 9200 w/32mb DDR video ram, Airport Extreme

Thanks.
    -Aaron

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook
    When I bought my 14" iBook, it was the same as your option one. I have since upped the RAM to 512 and installed an APE card. I know there are lots of folks out there that prefer and have the 12" model. The fact that its smaller size makes toting it around even easier is a plus, however I prefer the larger screen. You won't notice a big difference between the 1.0 and the 1.2 processor speed, and you can always add the APE card and more RAM later. I came very close to getting the 12", but I am glad I got the 14". I would have regretted getting the smaller screen. Plus you will be grateful for those extra 10 GB on the HD....upgrading the HD on an iBook is not a task I would ever care to venture a try at.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
    You should also consider the weight, if you are going to carry it around a lot a, you will feel the difference.
    The extra 10gb are also a stong point, as noted by D3v1L80Y, consider how much MP3s and videos are you going to have, and of course games.

Abira_Kam
    I'm a student... and live far from my University... Every day I carry the Ibook to classes... and 12" Ibook is more handy in my way... it's small ... but powerful .. and it has great resolution.... ))

Your Mac's Specs
    14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
    Hi,

just thought I'd chip in my 2 Canadian c/s

I live around 45 minutes formt he university and I carry my ibook with me ALL the time. It's lighter than most of my books, hehe.

I recommend the 14 inch ibook hands down. But at the same time, I dont like the small screen on the 12" ibook...a little too small for my liking. plus, the 14inch i tihnk had a 60gb harddrive, which is very good too.

btw, i use my laptop for univ and web designing [photoshop, dreamweaver and FTP programmes run most of the times together. So, depending on your needs, you mgiht find the 256mb not too good. I am adding a 512 stick as soon as i figure out which one I'm getting. [I'm not very good when it comes to laptop spare parts, hehe]

good luck
    JTR

Abira_Kam
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
    Hi,

just thought I'd chip in my 2 Canadian c/s

I live around 45 minutes formt he university and I carry my ibook with me ALL the time. It's lighter than most of my books, hehe.

I recommend the 14 inch ibook hands down. But at the same time, I dont like the small screen on the 12" ibook...a little too small for my liking. plus, the 14inch i tihnk had a 60gb harddrive, which is very good too.

btw, i use my laptop for univ and web designing [photoshop, dreamweaver and FTP programmes run most of the times together. So, depending on your needs, you mgiht find the 256mb not too good. I am adding a 512 stick as soon as i figure out which one I'm getting. [I'm not very good when it comes to laptop spare parts, hehe]

good luck
    JTR

I don't agree with u... 12" iBook has great resolution.(if don't work with any graphic program)... and besides 30 gb inner HD I have 2.5" 60 gb external HD.... and it's handle in usage... )) :headphone

Your Mac's Specs
    14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD

You missed 2 things. The 12 inch is too small for my liking and I use photoshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abira_Kam
    I don't agree with u... 12" iBook has great resolution.(if don't work with any graphic program)... and besides 30 gb inner HD I have 2.5" 60 gb external HD.... and it's handle in usage... )) :headphone

Thread Information