Dropped my macbook need diagnosis

Your Mac's Specs
    Macbook 2.16ghz White
    My macbook fell off my bed . It was open and running it fell roughly at most 22 inches however a book was lying were it landed but it was only a small paper back so it only caught the left hand side of the screen(as in your left side right now as you read this) when it fell it closed itself. I feared the worst reached it and noticed that there are no cracks on the casing even the white apple logo is still glowing. The mac was still running and woke from sleep mode when i opened it. Ran onyx and it said that everything like start up volume and the check it does where you can hear what i assume is the disk tray was ok. I have shut it down and restarted it twice to make sure and all appears to be working thankfully. However there is a mysterious cracking noise coming from where the screen (again this is an assumption). This cracking noise occurs when the macbook screen is lifted though only at certain points it does not start instantly when the screen is lifted though it starts just as the screen is not pulled down by the magnets and finishes just after the disk drive spins to wake it from sleep. It starts on the left then finish on the right but there are no visible cracks so I am really confused.

Does anyone know what the problem and if there is any way i can fix it? The system itself is fine as i am typing on it right know, however i don't want to close it over again until I no what's wrong.

The macbook in question has the mode identifier of MacBook 2,1 Intel Core Duo 2 processor 2.16Hz bus speed. Sudden Motion Sensor is also enabled if that is of any use.

I eagerly await your reply and many thanks in advance.

P.S. I hope this easy enough to read.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Sounds like the display may have come loose when you dropped it. The crackling noise may be static discharge from the display or a loose electronic connection to the display.

You can probably trouble shoot this yourself. Go to iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories and look up your model MacBook. Then go to the step by step instructions for "replacing the display". If something is loose, you may be able to find out what it is and then repair it.

If you have any doubt about your ability to dig into your machine, let someone else who is qualified do the work. Accidental damage\repairs are not covered by Apple's warranty or Apple care and can be expensive.

Regards.

Thread Information