Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What Percent of People Prefer Mac Over PC?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Macs are used mainly in design environments. I worked for the police in the UK for 20 years and it was all PCs but Macs (BIG, expensive ones) for the Graphics team. Back in the 90s we used Lotus software but that was superceded by Windows (cheaper!) but lot of programmes were designed in-house.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Back in the 90s we used Lotus software but that was superceded by Windows (cheaper!) but lot of programmes were designed in-house.
    I loved Lotus Notes. Used it for years until it gave out and was replaced by Outlook. Lots of US federal agencies use in house designed software but it's usually neither Windows or Mac. Mostly some form of Unix.

I own and operate a computer repair service and I take care of computers in homes and several local businesses. I use both daily, I have a quad core PC right beside my Mac Pro, and switch back and forth dozens of times a day.
    Unless you take this kind of pole in a Starbucks, the real world numbers would have to be at least 75 / 25 PC to Mac.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac: 27”, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone5s
    Only those who have used both can have a view on this. For what it's worth I do not know anyone who has reverted to a Windows PC after making the move to a Mac nor anyone who has changed to Windows machine having only been a Mac user. So on that very limited sample I'd say 100% to 0%.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
    Only those who have used both can have a view on this. For what it's worth I do not know anyone who has reverted to a Windows PC after making the move to a Mac nor anyone who has changed to Windows machine having only been a Mac user. So on that very limited sample I'd say 100% to 0%.
    Same here. Agree completely. I have turned on many to a Mac and if they liked what they saw they switched and never looked back. Some swear at the first they would never try a Mac but kept seeing mine and changed their minds.

On the Starbucks thing I have also noticed more Macs there than PC's, even in some small cities that had no stores that sold Macs.

On the Starbucks thing I have also noticed more Macs there than PC's, even in some small cities that had no stores that sold Macs.
    I would have to say the same thing for the similar places around our area, that Macs are now in the majority of all brands that are being used at such places.

And that's withput counting all the iPads, iPods and of course iPhones that seem to be among the main used.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information