Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bluetooth Not Detected by iMac in System Informations
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Every time you boot and the BT keyboard does not work does also System Info show no BT also? I wish you had an external back up of the Mac OS you could boot from and see if the issue is still there.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    One more thing I forgot to say, I can not see how any SSD driver would interfear with BT as the drive is on the SATA bus and has nothing to do with BT. Strange one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    One more thing I forgot to say, I can not see how any SSD driver would interfear with BT as the drive is on the SATA bus and has nothing to do with BT. Strange one for sure.
    I heard that SSD Drive may interfear magnetically with Bluetooth radiations. Some users solved the issues by wrapping their ssd into foil paper.

Every time you boot and the BT keyboard does not work does also System Info show no BT also? I wish you had an external back up of the Mac OS you could boot from and see if the issue is still there.
    This is what happens, again:

New Video 1 - Again -> Here the Bluetooth keyboard works when I have to select the hard drive to boot with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4InWjZS7E4

New Video 2
    - Again -> Again, Bluetooth is working during the recovery installation mode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfGqV64Hes

Now I'm installing the OS, again, so I'm not able to tell you if Bluetooth is going to work again when I'm into the OS. I'll let you know.

P.S. When I previously had the OS installed, the Bluetooth icon disappeared from System Preferences, as well from system informations.

Your Mac's Specs
    Keep us posted. I do know of users who have installed SSD's in a an iMac just like yours and reported no issues. I hope you can solve this. I will do more searching and report back if I find anything.

Keep us posted. I do know of users who have installed SSD's in a an iMac just like yours and reported no issues. I hope you can solve this. I will do more searching and report back if I find anything.
    Here I am.
    I left you with the first 2 videos in which the bluetooth keyboard was working during recovery mode/installation process of the new os...

I waited for the whole process to complete and then this just happened:

Video 3 - Not working after installation
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX_KfL2Rda0

There's no logic behind all that. It's crazy that everything works before installing the OS and then it doesn't work anymore.

Please watch the video if you can.

Your Mac's Specs
    The videos play fine here. I think the other users ISP was not showing them for some reason.

Anyway that is crazy for sure. When you get into the new OS is BT still missing in system info? How about system Preferences??

Still searching for a solution.

The videos play fine here. I think the other users ISP was not showing them for some reason.

Anyway that is crazy for sure. When you get into the new OS is BT still missing in system info? How about system Preferences??

Still searching for a solution.
    Of course. It is still missing.

It's crazy that I can use Bluetooth only during the installation process :/.

EDIT: What do you recommend for what concern hard drive formats? I formatted my internal SSD as APFS and my old Mechanical Hard Drive in macOS Journaled.

Your Mac's Specs
    I was wondering something. Since you did read somewhere some SSD's can cause interfierence with BT, have you tried removing the SSD and booting into the OS without the SSD there and see what happens? Just curious and trying to help.

On formatting I have one of my iMacs set up that way, Boot drive is APFS and 2nd drive Mac OS Journaled. Works great.

I was wondering something. Since you did read somewhere some SSD's can cause interfierence with BT, have you tried removing the SSD and booting into the OS without the SSD there and see what happens? Just curious and trying to help.

On formatting I have one of my iMacs set up that way, Boot drive is APFS and 2nd drive Mac OS Journaled. Works great.
    I haven't tried what you're questioning, because that wouldn't be a valid solution for me. I mean: the whole aim of the entire operation is having the OS loaded on the SSD Drive, which, in my opinion, is more important than Bluetooth capabilities.
    Even if the problem is really caused by the aformentioned interfereance I'm not going to remove the SSD just to have Bluetooth back. I hope this is making sense.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    How about removing the SSD, test if the BT works without it in and if it does, that would point to the SSD as a source of some sort of problem. If it doesn't work even with the SSD removed, then the SSD would be eliminated as a potential source. At this point you have no idea what is the cause.

If it is the SSD, you can still have an SSD in the Mac, just get a different brand/model.
    Jake

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    How about removing the SSD, test if the BT works without it in and if it does, that would point to the SSD as a source of some sort of problem. If it doesn't work even with the SSD removed, then the SSD would be eliminated as a potential source. At this point you have no idea what is the cause.

If it is the SSD, you can still have an SSD in the Mac, just get a different brand/model.
    These are some images from System Information:

This is an SSD Speed Test. I was wondering if it was too slow or not:

Ok.
    I'm going to try removing the SSD in few hours, just to see if it is it's fault.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchinif View Post
    Check them now.

Working now. Thanks very much.

Ian
    Ian

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    Working now. Thanks very much.

Ian
    Here I am, with a little update.

As requested, I decided to re-open the machine in order to remove the SSD Drive. So I did, but, unfortunately, when I turned on the iMac again I got a very bad black screen. I don't know why was that (maybe because the OS was installed on the SSD just removed?), but then I put the SSD back again.
    Turned on the Mac one more time and suddenly the Bluetooth icon came back to life, as well all the informations under System Profiler.

At the moment I'm re-installing OS X again after formatting the SSD in APFS, and I really HOPE that Bluetooth is going to work back again.

Here some images of what I did:

As just described I did some cleaning inside using an hairdryer in order to remove some dust.
    I turned the Mac on and finally Bluetooth was back again like this:

At the moment I'm installing OS X back again. I'll let you know if everything stays the same like in the previous two images.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    I do admire people like you who can take their Mac apart and replace this and rebuild that.

Anyway, fingers crossed it works for you.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    Fingers crossed here also.

I found a lot of threads with your issue but every one was an MBP with the BT Module right next to the DVD drive bay. Yours is on the other side of the iMac so I doubt that is the issue. Keep us posted!!!

Thread Information