mac mini late 2014 HDMI issue
    hello,

not sure if anybody is having same issue as I do - I bought Mac Mini Late 2014 which I am unable to connect to my monitor/TV via HDMI cable, it's simply not working.
    I tried convertors, HDMI 1.4, 2.0, etc. and still nothing ... I am able to connect it through miniDP, so I can work with that, I am just really disappointed why it's not working via HDMI.
    Apple diagnostics shows no errors, anything I could try before I will give up on HDMI connection ?

I run there Yosemite, High Sierra and even Mojave with no luck. Not sure what that Iris graphics is doing with ports then :/

Thanks a lot.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Have you tried different settings on the television? There is no reason the signal wouldn’t be coming out of the Mac mini.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

hi, yes, I tried different TVs and PC monitors but none of them worked :/ that's why I am asking here if anybody has same experience ...

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Have you tested the HDMI cord, and it works with other TVs and the same TV with a different input?

The only other thing I can think of is resetting the NVRAM, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063, and the SMC, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

I tested several HDMI cords and they work with other devices I have ... SMC, PRAM, NVRAM - they were reset. I tested everything what I could find on internet to fix it - but maybe there is still something left ...
    a friend told me today that somebody tried a trick of re-directing sound through HDMI and managed to connect the picture through it to the TV/monitor as well ... will try and post results later ...

Thread Information