lowering print quality

Reaction score
is there a way I can decrease the printing quality to draft so that I can save ink.

This was very easy to do when using windows.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
What printer are you using? The printer utility software that typically comes with the printer is what enables you to configure print quality. Have you visited the printer mfr's web sit to get the latest printer utility and driver?

OP
B
Reaction score
HP office jet 4355 All in One, i will try get the latest driver

Thanks

Reaction score
In the print dialog that comes up when you choose print, there'll be a pull down menu where one of the options is paper type/quality. The print dialog looks different in Leopard than older versions, and I don't know what os your running, but if you are using Leopard it'll be in the drop down that says the name of the program you're using.

Also, if there aren't a lot of options in the print dialog, then press the arrow after where it says printer name. It'll open up all the options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I pulled my hair out with this the first week I got my Mac. Everyone kept telling me to open the paper type/quality option, but it just wasn't there. I had the correct driver, but didn't seem to have all the options everyone else had.

I was trying to print to a D-Link print server that is part of my wireless network. Basically you tell the Mac to print to an IP address instead of via USB. On a PC it works great. On the Mac it also works, however, you lose the options of printing in draft, greyscale instead of color, etc.

When I took the print server out of the equation and plugged in via USB, then paper type/quality menu appeared. Turns out, if you print to an IP address, you simply can't adjust the settings. I did several Google searches and found a lot of other people who ran into this same issue. That may be how I actually came across this forum.

I guess this is way longwinded way of asking, are you connecting to the printer via USB?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.