Transfering your iTunes from PC to Mac

Reaction score
hi,
I just bought a macbook after my PC crashed. I was wondering if there is a way to transfer my itunes over to my new macbook. I also have an iphone if that makes a difference. Most of my songs are on an external hard drive, however i am worried about the songs I purchased from itunes as well. I know i could plug in my hard drive and copy the songs over, but I am trying to save my playlists and am thinking there could be an easier way to do it?

thanks in advance
-j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You just need to point itunes towards the itunes library file on that external of yours

I cant seem to find my old post on this so here goes

start itunes with the alt key pressed and you will get a dialogue screen

Select the library file on the external and now both your music and the library are on the external

You can also use the choose library dialogue to switch between a large music collection on the external and a smaller music folder on the macbook if you wish

OP
J
Reaction score
Sweet thanks! I also saw the other sticky someone put up in the ipod part of the forum.

thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.