Games shown for iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
Here are two clips I found over at Gametrailers.com of two new games being developed with the new SDK.

First is a clip of Monkey Ball from Sega.

Second is a clip of Spore from EA (which is a rip-off of Flow on the PS3)

Both developers said these were made in only 2 weeks. Looks very promising for games and other applications that can be made for the iPhone.

My question is, will games like these and other applications also be possible on the iPod Touch? My guess is YES.

JD

P.S. I guess a new iPhone/iPod Touch Software Section in the forums will be necessary now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
The Apple special event on Thursday detailed the above games and towards the end they did say that they'd be available for the iPod Touch as well - for a fee. Much like the January update to the iPod touch.

The Special event which announced the release of the SDK and demo'd the mentioned games also showed a couple of things the Apple bods did in 2 days/2 weeks - there was an app to play with your photos; stretch them etc - looked like fun although perhaps just a time filler app really as I don't see much actual use for that kind of thing and a space shoot-em-up type game which looked very cool in fact I think it may have possibly looked the best of the 3 to be honest - hope that one will be one of the free apps :)

BTW: The special event is a little over an hour long and can be watched from the Apple site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Clarifying what RDN said, " for a fee."
Apple will charge Touch users for the software upgrade like they did the recent software update.
The 3rd party vendors will charge only if they want to for all users. They may or may not charge for games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
The Apple special event on Thursday detailed the above games and towards the end they did say that they'd be available for the iPod Touch as well - for a fee. Much like the January update to the iPod touch.

The Special event which announced the release of the SDK and demo'd the mentioned games also showed a couple of things the Apple bods did in 2 days/2 weeks - there was an app to play with your photos; stretch them etc - looked like fun although perhaps just a time filler app really as I don't see much actual use for that kind of thing and a space shoot-em-up type game which looked very cool in fact I think it may have possibly looked the best of the 3 to be honest - hope that one will be one of the free apps :)

BTW: The special event is a little over an hour long and can be watched from the Apple site.

Yea that 3d game was super sweet! Im not a gamer but that would be a cool thing to have when eyes are strained from staring at work too long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Second is a clip of Spore from EA (which is a rip-off of Flow on the PS3)

Spore isn't a rip of anything, it's a game that has long been in development. That little clip is just a small part of what the game offers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Spore isn't a rip of anything, it's a game that has long been in development. That little clip is just a small part of what the game offers.

If they make all the levels to the game as the Console game then that would be awesome.My wife is a gamer and has been following the spore creation for sometime and the spore eventually turns into a some sort of being. Its supposed to be the next Sims type of evolution game.

OP
R2-JD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch

Sorry. If that is only a small part of the game, then it is not a complete rip-off of Flow. Minus the customization, the part shown was very much like Flow.

I will have to look into Spore a little more.

JD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.