Help my Mac is dead!

Reaction score
Ok not actually dead but its frozen with iTunes and Firefox open and i cant force quit or anything, what should i do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Restart? That usually solves the problem.

OP
P
Reaction score
i cant click on the apple to restart, turned it off and on again using the button but it booted up to same point! Lucky i bullied my dad into buying himself a mac mini (which im using now lol). Would have used ctrl alt delete on my pc, any mac equivalents?

OP
P
Reaction score
its fixed itself, magic! But what do i do if it happens again? is there a ctrl alt del like on windoze?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Holding the power button till it shuts off....
I don't know the short cut. I thought it was Apple, shift, escape in OS 9 but I haven't found it to work is OS X. I've also never had it hang like that either. I can always right click to force quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
command option esc is the equivalent to ctrl alt delete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Don't run Firefox, unfortunately.
I love Firefox, however I have found that under leopard it is very unstable. Firefox often crashed my mac, but nothing else ever did. I switched to Safari and poof no more crashes.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ah right cheers! I liked safari but i thought firefox was ment to be better! Oh well i might switch bk too! Thanks

Reaction score
Ive had FF crash alot lately. Must be the newest version (2.0.0.12) because I dont remember having this many problems before I updated to this.

Ive tried Safari and its ok, but man alive, whats with the ridiculous amount of ram it eats up? If I leave it open for a day or so Ive seem it upwards of 500mb+ of real ram usage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.