Windows on Mac need antivirus?

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just registered after finding this forum.
I bought 1 iMac and am seriously considering moving my business to Macs.
I don't need to use a server, just individual computers.
As other have said, I spend a lot of time maintaining my PCs since every other time I turn around something seems to need a time consuming update, and the anti-virus software updates constantly slowing the computer down.
From using the Mac we have, it looks like the only thing I'll miss from Windows is Outlook Express, but, I can't seem to locate a suitable day planner program that has a 'To Do' list similar to the Lotus Organizer which is what we use for scheduling. This is probably the one thing that would require me to run Windows on the Mac.
My question is, if I run Windows on the Mac does it need anti-virus software?
Does anyone know of a Mac compatible scheduler such as Lotus Organizer?
Is it easy to sync Mac computers (desktop to desktop or desktop to laptop) as files are updated? At least the Vista platform allows syncing between computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Yes you do as you are running windows on a windows compatable machine (intel).

I would suggest AVG free.

Reaction score
Or Avira Classic (free) served my very well on pc, with that defender i felt near invincible, well as close as possible with a pc anyway;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New (08) Macbook 2.4 gh, 2gb ram, 160 hd, 13.3 display
microsoft office 08 for mac has a similar program called entourage, not sure if that would do what you want or not but so for I have liked it

Reaction score
Plus Comodo Firewall that works against spyware, viruses on so many levels, there iCalendar of course

Reaction score
Welcome n1acguy! If you have an Intel Mac and choose to partition the hard drive to install Windows--then yes, you will need an anti-virus software to protect the Windows partition.

As far as a scheduling program for Mac. I really enjoy using Entourage 2008 and the My Day application. For your scheduling needs, I truly believe you may want to check out just using Entourage 2008 for Mac. Plus Entourage makes a good email program.

Syncing from Mac to Mac is not a problem at all. Especially if you purchase .Mac you'll find syncing to be a breeze.

Hopefully this helps answer your questions. Feel free to post if we can help with anything else.

<><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Surely you mean Outlook, part of the MS Office suite and not that junk that is Outlook Express. Anyway, Mail + iCal, especially in their current iteration with Leopard have really become a great way to do all kinds of organising.

Reaction score
I recommend AVG Free for the anti-virus software

Also, why don't you use Mail partnered with iCal as your outlook alternative, I have found that I like this combination much better...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.