Hello Mac World

Reaction score
Hi, I have just migrated from windows to mac. Got myself a macbook black. Had some questions and was hoping that they get answered.

I dont run any serious intensive applications on the mac. Only chat, image viewer,mail n watch a few videos. But still my macbook gets really hot and the fans start spinning (especially when I switch on Limewire). Is there something wrong with my laptop?

Secondly, my applications seem to crash quite frequently. What may be wrong?

I thought macs are realy stable, but now I am experiencing more crashing than windows. Please help me out. Looking forward to a smooth mac experience :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Which apps are crashing and are you doing anything exceptional before the crash?

As for the fans firing up, that's usually a function of watching a lot of Flash based video (YouTube). The MacBook doesn't have a dedicated graphics card so the CPU has to step in for graphics oriented tasks. That means that your CPU is running hard and as a result the fans kick in.

You may want to download iStat. I've been using it for a while and it's nice to glance up at the menu bar and see where my CPUs are, then click to see what's causing any load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Crashing is often, for me, associated with limewire. It ain't good mate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
what your are your system specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Remove Limewire install frostwire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
Applecare??? That could help with your issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.