What have I done this time?

H

Howiemac

Hello every one, I've just registered because I have a problem. I restarted my G5 at lunchtime and it appears to have reverted back to the original owners settings, therefore I have lost all of my personal settings within the programs I use, and all that was on my desktop. Can can anyone give me advice ? Please.

OP
H

Howiemac

Thanks, but...

Thanks this explains somethings, however everytime i start or restart the computer i get a new user appearing in the users folder i.e. howiemac1, howiemac2, I'm upto howiemac5 and I can't log on as any of them as they don't appear as logon options in the logon screen. Can you shed any light on this problem? Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
yoour best bet is to set up a complete fresh new user with admin privalidges

then go to the original howiemac folder and give yourself full rights and permissions and copy over all the stuff from your orignal home folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Thanks this explains somethings, however everytime i start or restart the computer i get a new user appearing in the users folder i.e. howiemac1, howiemac2, I'm upto howiemac5 and I can't log on as any of them as they don't appear as logon options in the logon screen. Can you shed any light on this problem? Thank you.

The articles D3v1L80Y posted address this exact problem very thoroughly. Follow the instructions there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.