syncing question (iPhone and iTunes)

Reaction score
Not sure if I should have asked this in another forum or not but here it goes...

Long story short, my entire itunes library got erased from my computer. I have most of what I wanted on my iphone though. if I sync the iphone with itunes will it erase everything on my iphone to match what is on the computer or will it take what's on my iphone and put it on my computer HD? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It'll erase it. Download a program called Senuti and get all of the music off before syncing the iPhone with iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Well actually you should be able to just get them off your iphone .When you connect you iPhone , go to file at the menu bar and go down to transfer purchases from Iphone. that did it for me . (NOE THIS WILL ONLY WORK WITH SONGS PURCHASED FROM ITUNES.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I've used Sentui a few times and it works really well.

OP
O
Reaction score
It'll erase it. Download a program called Senuti and get all of the music off before syncing the iPhone with iTunes.

I can't get that to work at all. I follow their directions but I don't see how to get the disc enabled in itunes. I can't find that option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Don't bother following the directions on the website. Just download and run the program, then plug in your iPhone. It should detect it within a few seconds and then display the contents. Then all you need to do is select all and hit Transfer. Be sure to double check the download location in the preferences. I think by default it's set to download straight to your iTunes Music folder.

OP
O
Reaction score
For some reason Senuti never sees my iphone. It just sits there, no matter how long I wait.

OP
O
Reaction score
Nevermind, I dl'd the beta version and after a minute it found the phone. thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.