MacBook help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Alright so im going to be getting a Macbook for college. Right now im looking at the mid-range one (2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb...ect) with iWork preinstalled and applecare. But i saw some rumors that the macbooks and MBP's are getting a complete overhall in June. Do you guys think it would be worth it for me to wait until then? think the price will go up? I dont NEED it right now since my Dell laptop (yuck) is working fine, its more of a "Oh god i want it so bad" lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Alright so im going to be getting a Macbook for college. Right now im looking at the mid-range one (2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb...ect) with iWork preinstalled and applecare. But i saw some rumors that the macbooks and MBP's are getting a complete overhall in June. Do you guys think it would be worth it for me to wait until then? think the price will go up? I dont NEED it right now since my Dell laptop (yuck) is working fine, its more of a "Oh god i want it so bad" lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Apple is notoriously tight-lipped about new product releases. So much so that they go to extremes to weed out moles internally and take steps to shut down rumor sites that hit too close to the mark. So, any rumors you read are just that - rumors. Until it comes from Apple, it's all just speculation.

That said, when you need a new machine, just buy it and don't worry about what's coming. In terms of technology, if you're always waiting for what's on the horizon, you'll be waiting forever. I promise that whatever machine you purchase will continue to do the things you bought it to do long after a new version comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
If recent history is any guide, a new MacBook will not be any more expensive than the outgoing model, and the increase in performance and features will only be incremental. HOWEVER, as your stock broker will remind you, the past is not a predictor of what will happen in the future.

If you don't need one now, why buy it? If you simply want one, then only you and your credit card company can tell you whether you should get one now.

I needed an extra laptop for the family now, so I just bought a BlackBook tonight. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
I'm assuming you're in high school since you're willing to wait until June, the very month you'd be well out of most colleges to enjoy your break.

You have a few months after that until college starts, why not wait?

If you find the dell laptop that disgusting I'll gladly take it off of your hands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
why not just wait till summer and get a free ipod in the process? I mean since you don't really need it right now.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Yeah i've decided im going to wait til June and see what happens cause i know id be upset if i got one now and then they did get updated in june lol. Thx guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.