• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Picture Effects in FCE

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas...creative ideas pertaining to pictures.

I'm working on a 50th birthday for a special friend. Indeed, there are many pictures. I'm getting VERY bored with simple slow zoom ins and zoom outs.
Is there anything I can do using Photoshop, FCE, Illustrator (yes, very basic programs) to make the pictures in my video visually entertaining?

Thanks a lot!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, iMac, 5th gen iPod, All of my other iMacs have been turned into aquariums!
I think you have to be careful with special effects. If you use them too much they become distracting. Slow zoom or "ken burns effect" may seem boring to you (especially because you are the one editing it and you see the movie over and over) but to the birthday boy or girl and the rest of the audience will be paying more attention to who is in the pictures and what they are doing instead of the visual effect applied to the picture. Special effects work if they have a purpose but if used to much they get kind of old.

That's my 2 cents

Reaction score
I completely agree with the previous poster, always be tasteful with your effects, keep it simple stupid :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.