XLS Worksheet

Reaction score
First post! Great forum.

I will be downloading a ton of XLS worksheets from restaurantowners.com. I just tried my first one and the list of grievances from my compatibility menu was really long. A lot cells were cut off and cell formulas were lost.

Is there something else I should try? Feel free to direct me to the appropriate FAQ. I know there must be a solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
What are you trying to open the XLS files with?

PS - Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
For full compatibility you will need to open it with MS Office 2004 or 2008. Typical Microsoft eh!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
For full compatibility you will need to open it with MS Office 2004 or 2008.
while Microsoft would love for this to be the case, other people are smarter and have attained full compatibility with Microsoft products. You do NOT need Office to open Office documents.
we are waiting for dalison's question to be answered...

Reaction score
I use NeoOffice and have no problems at all with Microsoft Office documents

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for helping me with this guys. I just got in from work, it's 2am, sorry for the delay.

I am opening it with numbers.

I really like the mac software and would prefer to use that if at all possible, microsoft and I no longer see eye to eye.;D

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Thanks for helping me with this guys. I just got in from work, it's 2am, sorry for the delay.

I am opening it with numbers.

I really like the mac software and would prefer to use that if at all possible, microsoft and I no longer see eye to eye.;D

You could try opening them with OpenOffice (or NeoOffice), resaving them and then opening them with Numbers.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Yes, I too had formatting problems with Numbers, so I have reverted to NeoOffice (donation-ware) for the time being. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.