Need a free/open source substitute for iPhoto - any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.16ghz late 2006; White MacBook late 2006; 160gb iPod Classic; 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle
I just want something to view my photos and organise them into albums other than iPhoto... any ideas?

Reaction score
You might go to the HP website and try their Photosmart Studio. I believe it can be used even if you don't have HP printers, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Tell us why you don't want to use iPhoto. If you are having problems with it, we can help. It is perfect for doing exactly what you say you want to do and so much more.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.16ghz late 2006; White MacBook late 2006; 160gb iPod Classic; 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle
Tell us why you don't want to use iPhoto. If you are having problems with it, we can help. It is perfect for doing exactly what you say you want to do and so much more.

No problem at all, really, I just want a another program to put a certain batch of photos in, keeping my iPhoto solely for personal photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Why not just create an additional library and keep the "certain batch of photos" in there? Very easy to do -- just hold down the option key while starting iPhoto and you will be prompted to choose another library or create one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.