Pulled the trigger, bought my first Mac today

Reaction score
well I have been wanting to do this for a few years now, just never really had a reason to do so. I have 3 pc's at home and dont really "need" another computer. but with my work schedule lately, I have been traveling alot more. So I pulled the trigger on a Macbook this morning.... here is what I got

13" BLACK Macbook
2.2 ghz
1GB Ram
160 GB HD
8x Superdrive

I got it from apple.com, it was a refurbished model for $1049. I also bought a wireless bluetooth mighty mouse.

I plan to get iWork, Aperture and Final Cut to get all my family photo/videos organized.

So my question is, has anyone bought a refurb from apple before? how are they? Im just hoping they arent all scratched and "used" looking.... Also, I paid for the overnight shipping, but then read it said they will ship "when ready"... will I get it tomorrow??

btw, can I get the 3 year apple extended warranty anytime within the next year?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
Congrats son. Yea you have 1 year from the time or purchase to get apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ MacBook Black 2GB's RAM 200GB Hard Drive
Refurb....

Welcome IScott79!

I think you are going to be happy with your refurb Mac.

I bought a the identical Macbook that you just ordered about 6 months ago and I couldn't be happier.

As many others will tell you it doesn't come in the original Apple box but in a plain cardboard box that says Apple Refurbished Product on it.

My refurb Macbook looked brand new. It looks like they put a new case on it as it was flawless along with the screen. No scratches, nothing, clean as a whistle.

The best thing was is that when I ordered my Mac it stated it came with a 160GB HD when I checked the HD it actually had a 200GB Toshiba HD in it!

I assume that it was a Macbook that was sent back due to a HD failure (I think it was Seagate that made the defective drives that found their way into some Macbooks).

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
I hate that...I bought the same macbook a month ago for 1600 bucks...should have went refurb...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
welcome mate!
i think you will be very happy with your new machine. The refurbisheds are just fine,Apple works real hard to make them look like they are brand new.
but bad news for you i've heard the wireless mighty mouse is not fine..but i hope u will be happy with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I would check out iPhoto and iMovie before you go ahead and throw out big bucks for Aperture and Final Cut, it might be enough for what you need. Congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
That's a great deal you got there. Welcome to the mac world. Goodbye PC!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.