Is this a good price for black MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
im looking to buy a macbook for my personal use. Id like to use it to orgainze all my family photos and videos. Maybe make some dvds for the grandparents, etc. Ill also use it for the other typical stuff. I have an AVCHD high definition video camera and was told editing that video takes a pretty hefty computer.

I have found a macbook for sale locally that seems to be perfect fit for me, but wondering if its a good price

13" black macbook (nov 2007, so not real old)
2.2ghz
4gb memory
120 gb hard drive
superdrive
paralells with xp
leopard
full cs3 package, lightroom, ilife software

what would be a good price? he is asking $1500 and seems pretty firm. I can get a 2.2ghz, 120gb hard drive and 1gb ram on apple.com refurb for $999, but is the extra 3gb ram and software worth the $500?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
but is the extra 3gb ram and software worth the $500?
If the software is legit, meaning that it you will receive the original installation discs with each software program listed, then yeah it's not a bad deal at all.
I somehow doubt that those will be included, so I would probably just walk away from this one.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
well he did say he wanted to keep the discs to himself, but would leave software on to do with what i want. so that being said, how much is memory to upgrade myself? apple.com says add like $400 for 4gb ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Buy your ram elsewhere. Apple will take your arm and leg for ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
well he did say he wanted to keep the discs to himself, but would leave software on to do with what i want. so that being said, how much is memory to upgrade myself? apple.com says add like $400 for 4gb ram.

He can't do that without breaking the terms and conditions of the software, so you should remove the software or get the disks.

The RAM is not worth $400, period. As D3v1L80Y said, walk away, get the Apple refurb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.