viewing WMV files

Reaction score
I use firefox as my internet browser and just installed Flip4Mac to watch .wmv files on line.

the program works, but each time i want to watch a video, I need to download it and open it with quicktime. firefox doesnt remember the setting to use quicktime to open .wmv files (even though I checked "do this for files of this type from now on")

further, when I open the movies, they open in a quicktime player, not embedded in my browser the way mac compatible video does.

how can i make Flip4Mac run like a quicktime plug-in? basically, what i want to do is watch wmv files the same way i can play regular mpgs

OP
B
Reaction score
and i have already installed perian and my system preferences for flip4mac show that it is set be play wmv files as a browser plug-in

Reaction score
Have you gone into the WMV system prefs? Under the browser tab there's a check box "Launch QT Player". I don't have that checked in mine, and I seem to be able to watch content right on the browser page. If you don't get resolution with the above info, post a link of something that won't do that for you and we'll try it out....could just be that site, or something weird about the content.

how can i make Flip4Mac run like a quicktime plug-in? basically, what i want to do is watch wmv files the same way i can play regular mpgs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Flip4Mac will resolve your issue. I did for me anyway.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.