AirPort card not working?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just opened my new Mac about an hour ago and I found out I couldn't connect to the internet (I was running Vista via BootCamp) so I decided to restart it to Mac OS Leopard and when I logged in my acount, I wasn't getting any internet as well... so I check the signal icon on the top right corner and I clicked it to show the menu but all there was written was "no airport card installed"... so i though maybe it was a driver problem and since I don't know how to install drivers in Leopard, I booted back in vista and ran the BootCamp driver installation setup all over again to install the drivers again and I restarted my computer but it didn't work... would it mean the Airport card broke or fried or something? It does connect on the internet when I plug my ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It would help if you told us which model Mac you have.

OP
R
Reaction score
white macbook 2.2ghz 1GB memory, 120GB hard drive running Leopard and vista in bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If it's not working in either OS X or Windows and it's fresh out of the box, then it looks as though you may have a hardware problem. I would suggest taking it back and getting it replaced with a new machine, don't settle for anything less. You should get what you paid for.

OP
R
Reaction score
well by "new mac" i meant less than a week old (yes, just the day BEFORE Apple updates its Macbooks)... I browsed the internet wirelessly without a problem earlier today... I can't see why it would stop working just in a matter of 2 hours

OP
R
Reaction score
well i called Apple instead, they told me to unplug everything, remove the battery and to press the power button for 5 seconds and to reboot again, fortunatly these simples steps fixed up everything. the cause : i didn't update Leopard when I got it last week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.