System Preferences: Error

Reaction score
I've just switched to Mac and I love it and I'm glad I made the decision.

However, I have one small problem. Whenever I go to change my desktop picture, it comes up with "The Application System Preferences quit unexpectedly", and the 'ignore', 'report' or 'relaunch' buttons. I've changed my desktop twice before, so why is it suddenly not letting me do it? How can I change it?

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Okay, as a temporary solution, how about you open your wallpaper image in Safari, and then right-click > set as desktop background.

I don't know why your Sys preferences is acting up though. Have you tried repairing disk permissions?

Reaction score
Two possible causes I can think of: a corrupt jpeg pic or a corrupt .plist file.
Try removing com.apple.systempreferences.plist from your home Library and see if this fixes it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Fixed it! Thanks a lot. :)

I think it must have been a corrupt picture, because when I opened up a new desktop pic with safari and saved that as the background, I then went back to system preferences and it all worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.