How do you copy a music CD directly to a blank CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac - 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 160GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.5
Howdy People...!

Is there a way to "disc once" a music CD? I mean, can I put a music CD into my iMac and burn it directly onto a blank CD by saving the files in my memory, rather than through iTunes as my CD player doesn't play MP3 format files.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Leomac.

Reaction score
???

as far as i know the only way to copy on the Mac is copying the songs to itunes and then taking the songs from itunes and putting them on a cd. i could be wrong though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
2 ways that I believe should work.

First way: Right click anywhere where you can make a folder and click create new burn folder. Rip the music off the disc. Than put the blank disk in put the files you want to burn in the burn folder and voila click burn and you should be good.

Second way: Rip songs of CD. Put Blank disc in. drag songs to blank disc in finder and click burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Howdy People...!

Is there a way to "disc once" a music CD? I mean, can I put a music CD into my iMac and burn it directly onto a blank CD by saving the files in my memory, rather than through iTunes as my CD player doesn't play MP3 format files.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Leomac.

Sounds like you are operating from a misconception. Itunes can burn regular music CDs and is not limited to MP3 CDs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.