Gaming on bootcamp question

Reaction score
I just got splinter cell and it plays on bootcamp on xp on a macbook great, but the character moves in slo mo.. why is this? If i reinstalled or got more memory (ram) would it help.

I heard a rumor that if you upgrade ram on a mac, it upgrades the video memory (graphic memory)

help me

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I just got splinter cell and it plays on bootcamp on xp on a macbook great, but the character moves in slo mo.. why is this? If i reinstalled or got more memory (ram) would it help.

I heard a rumor that if you upgrade ram on a mac, it upgrades the video memory (graphic memory)

help me

The Macbook has the sytem RAM shared with the Gfx chipset so putting more RAM in will help a little but in this case I would say it is more likely that the Gfx chipset is just not up to the job.

Have you tried playing with the graphics settings, i.e make sure anti-aliasing is switched off etc.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The graphics card in the MacBook isn't great. Adding more memory will not help the situation and have no effect on the graphic chip.

If you want to play modern games, you're going to need the MacBook Pro.

The game you have might run better if you turn all the settings down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM, OS 10.5
Try playing with a setting for VSync, too, if the game has it. I had problems with another game until I toggled that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.