A Doberman Puppy's Day at the Park

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
We are currently helping to raise a Doberman Puppy (Goliath) for a few weeks until his new owner is ready for him to come home. Goliath is 9 weeks old and has TONS of energy. The other two Dobes are mine, the Black Female (Ellie) is 1 year old and the Red Male (Wesson) is 2 1/2 years old.

Here are some of my favorites...
web.jpg

INCOMING!!!! (Don't worry he is fine, she missed)

web.jpg

I am pretty cute....

and here is the link to the web gallery if anyone is interested in the rest

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Awesome shots. I have a 1 1/2 year old Red Male that's super hyper active until you run him out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
nice shots and cute puppy

Reaction score
Brings back some memories. We used to have a red Doberman named Dobie. Is he purebread? Perhaps it is the photo but his legs seem a little short for a Dobie. Great looks dog. Apparently he is a Shriner. :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
What's on his head?

A styrofoam cup. His ears were just cropped and that holds them up until they heal and the stitches are removed. Then we move on to posts until the cartilage in the ear hardens and they stand on there own.

Awesome shots. I have a 1 1/2 year old Red Male that's super hyper active until you run him out.

They are little balls of energy. We run for about an hour in the morning....then spend some time at the park playing fetch in the afternoon and the still always seem to have energy.

Brings back some memories. We used to have a red Doberman named Dobie. Is he purebread? Perhaps it is the photo but his legs seem a little short for a Dobie. Great looks dog. Apparently he is a Shriner. :D

He is purebred. Just hunched down to avoid the impact that he thinks is coming his way. And there legs do look a little stubby until about 4 months old. Better Shriner than other things that that could be mistaken for.

**Thanks for the compliments guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
the pictures are very nice, and so are the dogs.
do we have a pet thread? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I love Dobermans. So intelligent, gentle (yes!), and affectionate. We had one for a dozen years. His name was ironically "Danger" (the previous owner named him that).

I don't know if the OP was seeking suggestions on picture taking, but on the first image, I would suggest heavy cropping to get just the two dogs tightly framed. Then adjust the exposure to lighten the puppy's face so that you can see the details. BTW, I love how the older dog is jumping into the image. On the second shot, close down the lens (to f/5.6~8), and focus on the eyes. With portraits, the eyes are the most important part of the subject.

Below are our current dogs, a pair of Samoyeds born exactly a year apart from the same parents.

217590392_7Pn7V-L.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.