Looking for some opinions.

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, seems like a great place so far, friendly advice and critiquing. I wanted to get some opinions from you kind folks, so if you would, check out www.lepleydesign.com and let me know what you like and don't like and why. Thanks!

OP
L
Reaction score
What's the deal?

So, I posted a few days ago and as of now there have been 38 people that viewed my thread and still no replies. From what I saw at first this seemed like a great place to hang and talk, but it seems that only certain people get answers. What's the deal?

OP
L
Reaction score
Not at all Impressed!

I have been signed up for this forum for 3 days now and I am not impressed at all from I've seen. There are threads out there with over 100 views and no posts, I have 38 views as of now with only 2 posts. What's with this place? No one wants to talk, no one willing to talk? I've gotta find a new MAC forum, this one so far is not friendly at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Sometimes it takes a bit for threads to be seen. I don't think anyone is deliberately doing anything to avoid your posts. It just takes time for the right person to come along with an answer.

Reaction score
I have been signed up for this forum for 3 days now and I am not impressed at all from I've seen. There are threads out there with over 100 views and no posts, I have 38 views as of now with only 2 posts. What's with this place? No one wants to talk, no one willing to talk? I've gotta find a new MAC forum, this one so far is not friendly at all.

Haha as far as views go I had 10 and only 2 posts lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I just looked at you posts and as far as I can see you have replies. I will read a post and if what I have to say has been said, won't bother adding. If I don't know I will not contribute. I too am a novice here. There is a huge amount of knowedge out there, you just have to be patient. The forum has changed in feel in the short time I have been a member here
I have one thing to say to this negative post however ......Posts/Comments like this are not productive and certainly won't win you any admirers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I think it looks pretty good so far, especially for being hosted on blogger. Do you have plans to deal your business through the site or are you strictly office established?

I usually don't turn to blogger as a platform for a portfolio, but that's just my personal preference. You may (or may not) get more customers with an actual website than using blogger. I think your designs look pretty good though :)

Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm new to the forum, seems like a great place so far, friendly advice and critiquing. I wanted to get some opinions from you kind folks, so if you would, check out www.lepleydesign.com and let me know what you like and don't like and why. Thanks!

You put a webpage critique thread in the photo forum and not in the webdesign forum.

I like the layout. It's very very simple and it's not cluttered. It looks like it's not going to be easy for some one to say "Well I couldn't understand your website so didn't contact you" Which is what I feel like with a lot of the web pages out there.

Reaction score
Not at all Impressed?

Well, neither am I, with your spam-like posts or your site. So I didn't reply. But since you insist:

(Keep in mind I had to retype the errors because you've prevented copying of your deathless prose.)

From this page:

Bad break, and you've capitalized an adjective: . . . raw material for the Biofu
els industries.

Poorly worded, comically so: . . . our oil recycling can

Inconsistent. No other sentence has a period, and this one's in the wrong place: . . . from your establishment .

Bad grammar and capitalizing a nothing noun: Your waste oil help the US . . . and decreases Carbon. . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So, I posted a few days ago and as of now there have been 38 people that viewed my thread and still no replies. From what I saw at first this seemed like a great place to hang and talk, but it seems that only certain people get answers. What's the deal?
You joined less than 72 hours ago and you're already complaining that you don't have enough replies? You do have replies to your threads. Crossposting them won't help, either, which is why they have been merged.
This is a forum, not an instant messaging service. Replies take time to receive, especially when you are looking for informed opinions about something.
There are threads out there with over 100 views and no posts, I have 38 views as of now with only 2 posts. What's with this place? No one wants to talk, no one willing to talk?
Going by that logic, you're ahead of the curve so I don't see why you would be upset.
I've gotta find a new MAC (sic) forum, this one so far is not friendly at all.
Yes, this is a Mac forum. Your post has nothing to do with Macs, though. Yes, this is a Graphic Design sub-forum and yes there are some members here who are Graphic Designers, but if you really wanted some serious critique on work you have done then it would be wiser to post your work on a forum more focused on Design... not computers.

M

MacHeadCase

Disclaimer : The following post is not representative of M-F staff but comes from a member that loves this place. Sarcasm might be involved...

I wonder what's with this attitude ? Are we charging too much money for the help you seek ? I'd ask for a refund if I were you.

I just don't get it... People joining only for help, no interest in the community, and tapping impatiently their foot because help isn't present at the expected time.

It's not because members look at a post that they have the knowledge/know-how to help out. Members might be looking the thread only out of curiosity : do you want to fry them because they did ?

With this kind of attitude, I would hesitate to help out even if I knew the answer. Even though... maybe I do know...

Three days and still no help to all your questions ? Wow!...

Friendly goes two ways, as far as I can tell.

Oh and btw, it's Mac not MAC.

OP
L
Reaction score
Well, that stirred the pot a bit! The blog platform is not permanent, but only until the new site is finished. It serves well as a place to throw up a QUICK post to show someone what I am working on, not a portfolio. Thanks Brown man for you Grammar lesson, I am not a typographer and as stated above, it's not a finished work. Only posted so the client can get a feel of things. For this forum, Images, GRAPHIC DESIGN and Digital Photography, so thanks for the correction on that one. I did not ask for a critique on a website, only the design work at that site. As for being on the MAC forum, a very high percentage of designers use MACs for their work, also, everyone here is a consumer, so your opinions are what I am really seeking. As for a community, you all certainly joined together quite quickly to let me know where I stand and who you all are. Thanks for that, this is a fun place, but you know, I have always liked hearing the negative comments when people get real, instead of the "always heard" great work, nice job, awesome, blah blah blah...... Now this was real, it's nice to have met you all and I look forward to being in this COMMUNITY with you and giving to those who helped me. Just one thing, is my MAC not really a Mac? Hmmmm.

OP
L
Reaction score
I don't believe I ever mentioned Google. But, I'll give, Mac it is, last I want is to make an enemy over such a thing. Thanks MHC, or is that Mhc? Ha ha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Well, that stirred the pot a bit!...
...Thanks for that, this is a fun place, but you know, I have always liked hearing the negative comments when people get real, instead of the "always heard" great work, nice job, awesome, blah blah blah...... Now this was real, it's nice to have met you all and I look forward to being in this COMMUNITY with you and giving to those who helped me. Just one thing, is my MAC not really a Mac? Hmmmm.
Dude, I've only been here for less than a month and have gotten really valuable feedback from lots of people here. You don't need to be a forum troll in order to communicate with others. I'm sure there are other interweb sites that you will find more accommodating.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok, it's over and old. I have gotten info. The question I posed was that so many people view and very few respond. So, let me apologize, so we can put this to rest and move forward. It's quite amazing how everyone starts responding when the content gets negative. Hey D, don't particularly like the Troll comment, I am not baiting for anything here. What I am used to is people who respond in numbers, not view everything and move on with no feedback. Isn't that why we all are here, to communicate. But, as I said before, I apologize and give for the good of the community.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.