Thinking of buying my first Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook - 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM
well it would not really officially be my first mac, about a year ago I bought an ibook laptop, but I didnt keep it much more than a month because my work supplied me with a new Dell that I got for free.

Anyway, Im thinking of purchasing an iMac 20", 2.4ghz, 2gb ram with ilife, iwork, leopard, cs3, final cut and word for $1400.

first of all, is this is a good price? he says its only a month old and still smells new.

what im looking to do is use this as my new personal computer (i have 2 other pcs at home). Id like to do a little editing of my family photos and videos (have an HD video camera). But mainly, ill use it for all the basics (money management, internet, music, etc etc)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
It is a good price, if it's really only a month old - make sure you get the original disks for CS3 and Final Cut Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I would just buy a brand new one if I were you. It sounds like you wouldn't really use CS3 and Final Cut, when you could use much simpler versions(iMovie and iPhoto). It will be cheaper too. Plus its brand new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
And the system disks, too, or you'll be up the creek if/when there's a problem.

That's one of those things you think should not have to be said... then... well you realise it does need saying. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.