Need a little advice...

Reaction score
First off, I have to say I'm a little new to macs. I invested in a Macbook (1.83Ghz core 2 duo) a few years ago for mainly recording purposes (Garage band originally, now I'm on Pro Tools LE 7.3) but now I pretty much only use the mac (over my pc) for everday use as well. It's just that much better.

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade my RAM to better suit the Pro Tools software. Currently, I get a fair amount of error messages related to not being able to run tracks with the plug-ins installed, buffer size not being large enough etc.... I was wondering if any of you knew of anything particularly well suited for this. Preferably something under $100-150, but anything else will work too.

Also, I need to invest in a dedicated external hard drive (Again, nothing ridiculously expensive and somethihg that supports firewire), anybody know of anything?

-Oneder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your Mac supports a max of 3.3GB of RAM. As such, you should invest in a 2GB and 1GB stick. RAM is very cheap nowadays, much less than the $100 your budget asks for. Check out Newegg and Crucial for your memory needs.

As for an external hard drive, do you have any specific size needs? I just bought a 500GB external drive from Newegg for $99. I bought a 500GB Western Digital MyBook a couple weeks back when it was on sale and it's been working great. 750GB versions are only $50 to $70 more, and 1TB versions are a bit more than that.

OP
O
Reaction score
Wow, thanks!

No particular size needs, just a dedicated drive I can record to to keep it off the system drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.