Question about wireless routers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz C2D 2 GB RAM
I just purchased a 20" iMac this week and can't wait to get it. Anyway, my roommate has his PC hooked up to our cable internet already so I'm going to have to get a wireless router. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you just want to split Internet access, you could get any 802.11g router. D-Link and Linksys make some good, affordable models. To save even more money you could just get a regular non-wireless router and hook up the two computers via Ethernet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
You could get a airport extreme base station from apple if it isn't too high for you costs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Airport Extreme seems a bit extreme (no pun intended) for simply splitting a connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Time Capsule! I've been waiting for ever for them to have it in stores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I've heard the Apple Airport Extreme is very easy to set up and it comes with a printer server built in. However, I've been running a LinkSys WRT54G router / WPS54G printer server for a few years now with no real difficulties. As far as costs, my LinkSys devices add up to the same plrice as an Airport Extreme. When I replace my LinkSys setup, it will most likely be with the Airport Extreme.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.