New MBP vs Old MBP

Reaction score
Hey all,

As I can get a pretty decent deal to exchange my current 9-day-old MBP for the new one, I'm exploring my options as the 80GB extra space is worth a lot to me.

I wanted to ask if there's anything the older MBP does better than the new one?

e.g. the new one runs hotter, the HDD is slower (I think I heard someone mention that) etc.

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only differences between the old MBP and the new ones are the bigger hard drive, the slightly faster CPU, and the multi-touch trackpad. Since all of this is an improvement, there's nothing about the old one that is inherently better.

OP
V
Reaction score
That's true, on paper it seems better but I wanted to hear from someone who has used one (I know it's only been available a few days, but...!) as to whether it runs hotter etc.

It's a different, new setup and it may well have a few teething problems which I'd just like to know about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
That's true, on paper it seems better but I wanted to hear from someone who has used one (I know it's only been available a few days, but...!) as to whether it runs hotter etc.

It's a different, new setup and it may well have a few teething problems which I'd just like to know about.

I really wouldn't worry, they didn't change anything except perfecting manufacturing and getting a different processor they can sell more for cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.