Building a computer...Mac OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Im about to build a computer off of cyberpowerpc.com, and on the OS options they have format hard drive only as an option. It was either between a macbook or a cyberpowerpc...is it possible to put mac os leopard on the cyber power pc? Any ups or down on doing this...or down right impossible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
It is possible but it would be very difficult... and illegal so I suggest that if you want a mac to just buy it from apple or a mac reseller.

OP
S
Reaction score
So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So i know im ignorant and admit that lol. but why does apple sell the software with a disc if you cant replace your "windows" (which i with a passion hate) with there much better mac os? is it hardware problems? driver probs? please further explain.

Mac OS X is designed and marketed specifically to be run on Apple hardware. It is specified in the End User License Agreement, which is the legally binding agreement you acknowledge when you purchase and install the software. Needless to say there are software and hardware mechanisms deployed to enforce these measures. Discussion of circumventing those protections is prohibited on these forums.

Long story made short, if you want to run Mac OS X, you need to buy a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.