Two quick questions

Reaction score
One is that suddenly my external monitor that I have hooked up to my MBP won't go to any higher resolution than the MBP's screen resolution.

Second and completely unrelated. It looks like all my photos are somehow in one file when they are put into iPhoto, I can't actually see my photos on the hard drive. How do I get to them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
About the photos : You will have to open up iPhoto and click file (in the menu) and than export to export whatever photos you have selected and to get them out of that singular file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
One is that suddenly my external monitor that I have hooked up to my MBP won't go to any higher resolution than the MBP's screen resolution.

Second and completely unrelated. It looks like all my photos are somehow in one file when they are put into iPhoto, I can't actually see my photos on the hard drive. How do I get to them?

1. What system are you running? the 10.5.2 update fixed that very issue for me. Otherwise I think you have to disconnect the external display then reboot, then reattach the display :(:(

2. Go to the Pictures folder... Right-click on the "iPhoto Library" icon... cleck "Show package contents" then navigate to/through your images... *Note: Do NOT make any changes within the package or it will mess with how they are displayed in iPhoto... you CAN drag the image to the desktop while holding the ALT key to make a Copy of the image to mess with...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.