Why does multimedia editing seem better on Macs than PC's???

Reaction score
Any information is welcome! Im trying to write a report and am trying to gather as much information as possible on the topic of macs and multimedia editing!!! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Because Final Cut Pro 2 isn't available for the PC?

Reaction score
Probably just personal preference, but I feel like the workspace on a Mac, particularly in Adobe programs, is just more fluid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I find that there are many things on the mac that have always ben geared to creating content

The mac has always (well since system 8) had drag and drop.

The interface gets out of your way. Mac apps dont tend to put rows of buttons along the top and bottom of your screen - leaving you a slither of window in the centre to see what you are doing.

The mac interface is silver and grey, and wispers in the background, letting you concentrate more on the media work you are doing. There are no bright green and Blue menu bars distracting the eye.

The people at Microsoft do make some great software - but unlike Apple, their focus is not on media creation. Apple seem to put as much throught in to ease of use and pure aesthetics when they make software as the do the code itself

That said, you can create anything on a PC that you can on a mac, I just think the mac gets out of your way while you are doing it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I wouldn't say one was better over the other, I just prefer how OS X looks and feels and it makes it easier to work with. I could easily be working on avid on windows and creating the same exact works that I am creating now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I wouldn't say one was better over the other, I just prefer how OS X looks and feels and it makes it easier to work with. I could easily be working on avid on windows and creating the same exact works that I am creating now.
Exactly. The answer to which one is "better" is extremely subjective and based only on the opinion of the individual.

Reaction score
I think just because more people that DO use media editing tools and such lean more towards macs. So the persona is that they do them better, when they just do them more. Just my 2 cents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I find that there are many things on the mac that have always ben geared to creating content

The mac has always (well since system 8) had drag and drop.

The interface gets out of your way. Mac apps dont tend to put rows of buttons along the top and bottom of your screen - leaving you a slither of window in the centre to see what you are doing.

The mac interface is silver and grey, and wispers in the background, letting you concentrate more on the media work you are doing. There are no bright green and Blue menu bars distracting the eye.

The people at Microsoft do make some great software - but unlike Apple, their focus is not on media creation. Apple seem to put as much throught in to ease of use and pure aesthetics when they make software as the do the code itself

That said, you can create anything on a PC that you can on a mac, I just think the mac gets out of your way while you are doing it

Except when using Photo shop on OS X and Windows, the only visual difference between the two that's not controlled by adobe is the menu bar, which you can hide in either OS, the rest of the programs designs are 95% up to adobe there on out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS X: fluid, flexible, quick changing between programs, can seem messy
Windows: rigid, more like a flip chart, inflexible, maybe easier for new users who like things neat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.